All members now paid 5 cents per post!!

Blackshirt

Just wanted to let everyone know that we are now officially PAYING ALL MEMBERS 5 CENTS for every stinkin post they make!! Well they cant ALL be stinkin, but it doesnt matter how big or small it is, you now get paid for every keystroke you make on this here board!! Not a bad deal eh?? :huh:

*We are also back-paying all members for their previous posts, so if you have already accumulated 100 posts you now have $5.00 in hboard points in your account.

And oh by the way, memberships are STILL FREE! So lets do some simple math here to put it in perspective... say you make an average of only 10 posts per day... from smack to Nsight to personal opinions or even questions.. they ALL count. So heres the tough part, multiplication... :( 10 x .05 = .50!! you got it :)

So with that complex math formula already dun fer ya, you now know that you could easily average $5.00 every 10 days, just for running your trap about the 'skers! Spread that out over a month and bada bing bada boom you got yurself $15.00 in free Husker merch!!

Thats a decent priced FREE Husker gift every damn month.. not too shatty.

*Also there are currently NO LIMITS on the number of posts you can accrue during a month!!

We will keep score by viewing your "total posts" listed under your username. When you want to redeem your "post points", just look under your username to get your total, and contact contest@huskerboard.com requesting either Husker merch from http://www.huskergear.com or cash. We will then update your score in our contest forum based on your new total.

Keep in mind that the board Admin reserves the right to discount posts based on content, i.e. inane CRAP which is solely for the purpose of accruing posts, offensive content, and/or only posting items for sale etc. Also remember that this money is the same as our "Huskerboard points" which we describe in detail on this page: http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/contest.htm

So you can either redeem your points for their full value in merch or 1/2 in cash.

The official guidelines are posted here: http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/contest.htm

Happy mosh posting!!

:o Easy brother we would be out of the shiny coins in 4.4 flat with that system!! :)

Actually I did consider that.. but remembered we are still rewarding the keyboard savvy folks like yourself with the post of the week contests. So keep it flowin man cuz I have a feelin you just might be in the running for some Husker merch!! ;)

Thanks for the feedback- glad you guys like it.

Redout - the payouts will work just like your Huskerboard points you get from the other contests - so if you have 100 hboard points you can either redeem them for $100 from http://www.huskergear.com (send email to contest@huskerboard.com with the item you want and shipping info) OR you can redeem it for $50 in cash - and yes checks will be mailed at the end of the season.

So just look under your member name for your number of posts, carry the decimal over one time, and half it... so if you have 1000 total posts, you would have earned 50 Huskerboard points. Make sense?

Dave - yeah right I wish!! Basically here's our thought process with this.. we realize that this board's success is dependent on our members - just like any sports team etc. - so the more members that use the site, the more money we get from our sponsors. So instead of just keeping it all for ourselves (like its all that much anyway!) or paying the bills like we should be doing, we figured we might as well give back to the people that contribute and make the board work. I know its sounds a bit crazy, :waste but we think it will pay off in the long run..

You help the board, the board helps you type concept. :cheers

we realize that this board's success is dependent on our members - just like any sports team etc. - so the more members that use the site, the more money we get from our sponsors. So instead of just keeping it all for ourselves (like its all that much anyway!) or paying the bills like we should be doing, we figured we might as well give back to the people that contribute and make the board work.

As you can see the moderator has taken a very Nebraska like appproach. The Husker fans will do just about anything for the team. Blackshirt will do just about anything for the fans on this board. Thanks for the explanation.

BTW.....what is this smiley thing.... :hump

we realize that this board's success is dependent on our members - just like any sports team etc. - so the more members that use the site, the more money we get from our sponsors. So instead of just keeping it all for ourselves (like its all that much anyway!) or paying the bills like we should be doing, we figured we might as well give back to the people that contribute and make the board work.

As you can see the moderator has taken a very Nebraska like appproach. The Husker fans will do just about anything for the team. Blackshirt will do just about anything for the fans on this board. Thanks for the explanation.

BTW.....what is this smiley thing.... :hump

leg humper.

I don't think there are any chicks on this board though....

Right on thanks. Yeh I kinda hesitated to put that leg humper on here but afterall, its a freakin cartoon .. and its pretty damn funny too. Plus who hasnt had their leg humped before.. and didnt you nearly always laugh about it? Kinda disturbing but you cant help but laugh.

Anyway, yes Dave you are right. I would just ask you guys to take the same approach you take with other out of line posts, and use your super mod powers to delete any erroneous crap. Then when I see the action in the board logs I will discount it from the members totals.

Peace! :smokin