Wali get's a b-shirt. But who loses their's??

Id say just do away with them anyways.  It's a whole new system, you might aswell change everything.  I don't think they mean nothing like they use to back in the Mcbride area.  Bo was starting to bring back that are but with this whole new system on offense and stuff it just seems like they should do their own thing.

Do away w/ them completely?!?! You're kidding right! People are already complaining aboiut putting in a new offense and now you want to take away the Blackshirts! IMO the 'shirts our a more important tradition than option football. I just feel that they were more of what Nebraska was about. Yeah we always had the power running game but more importantly we had the smashmouth defenses. W/o a good defense we wouldn't have won any of the championships in the '90s, our offense was good but our defense held explosive offenses to 17, 24, and 17 points. And if you'll recall the Miami game, we only scored 24. That's my opinion.

Redout Posted on Sep 24 2004, 09:13 PM

QUOTE  Oh you've stirred up a bloody hornents nest now.

Every farmer across the damn state would march to Lincoln with their pitch forks in one hand and torch in the other and burn South Stadium down.

:lol:

I still don't know why, but the more Blackshirts, the less unique.

But after you read an article like this maybe were wrong. Here are some snippets and the link: http://journalstar.com/articles/2004/09/25...61857319335.txt

"Kansas might have some trouble, for real," Muhammad said, referring to the Huskers' next opponent.

Nebraska's offensive line evidently had a difficult time corralling Muhammad during Thursday's workout. Muhammad said he had never had a better practice. He said he felt powerful and quick every time he bolted from his three-point stance.

It's clear the junior from Bloomfield, N.J., is riding a wave of confidence.

"That's what this shirt's about, I guess," Muhammad said, glancing down and tugging at his black practice jersey.

Id say just do away with them anyways.  It's a whole new system, you might aswell change everything.  I don't think they mean nothing like they use to back in the Mcbride area.  Bo was starting to bring back that are but with this whole new system on offense and stuff it just seems like they should do their own thing.

Do away w/ them completely?!?! You're kidding right! People are already complaining aboiut putting in a new offense and now you want to take away the Blackshirts! IMO the 'shirts our a more important tradition than option football. I just feel that they were more of what Nebraska was about. Yeah we always had the power running game but more importantly we had the smashmouth defenses. W/o a good defense we wouldn't have won any of the championships in the '90s, our offense was good but our defense held explosive offenses to 17, 24, and 17 points. And if you'll recall the Miami game, we only scored 24. That's my opinion.

Are you kidding Me? We are more known for our blackshirts thens smashmouth option football? No way. IF your going to get rid of all your coaches and your offense and all your tradition then you might aswell get rid of it all. Have the new staff come up with something new and more exciting just like they did on offense since we were sooooooooo boring. :wacko: