Horne's climb back to the top

Blackshirt

A pretty interesting article about DH..

This is going to be my year. No one is keeping me from my dream.

Horne’s expectations for the 2003 season were lofty and presumptuous, just like any good running back should be.

While he would once again begin the season splitting time at the No. 1 position, this time with senior Josh Davis, Horne was dead set on being the player hyped as a blue-chip savior.

But as the season progressed, the yards simply didn’t come, and his carries gradually came less and less.

In the last three games of 2003, Horne totaled just 15 carries.

“I don’t know what happened,” said junior Mark LeFlore, Horne’s teammate since middle school. “He was playing good ball last year. I guess the coaches just wanted to make a change.”

Those changes sent Horne to the sideline and back to square one in his progression as a player.

As if one knockdown wasn’t enough, Horne was back on the canvas for a second time staring his football reality dead in the eye.

“After talking with the coaches, all I got was many different answers and different points of view,” Horne said. “When we finally had a coaches meeting, they told me they felt Cory (Ross) was playing better. I was like, ‘Why? We all have the same yards.’ They didn’t give me much of an answer.

“I was mad. But there was nothing I could do. I just told myself that I wasn’t going to let it happen again.”

http://www.dailynebraskan.com/vnews/displa...3/41525dfb24ead