Husker Motion

gamecocks

What is up with all of this motion and shift changing before the snap? I think that it would work in teams are in man and are moving around looking all confused but most of the time, the defense is in zone and are just sitting back and watching. This is just hurting ourselves because of all the motion, we have false starts, illegal motions, or delay of games. WE are usually the ones with superior athletes and have been known to be very physical. Why don't we just line up in our sets, and shove it down their throats.

Gamecocks

What is up with all of this motion and shift changing before the snap? I think that it would work in teams are in man and are moving around looking all confused but most of the time, the defense is in zone and are just sitting back and watching. This is just hurting ourselves because of all the motion, we have false starts, illegal motions, or delay of games. WE are usually the ones with superior athletes and have been known to be very physical. Why don't we just line up in our sets, and shove it down their throats.

Gamecocks

We do it to try to screw them up and look fancy, however usually it just confuses us. We don't just shove it down their throats because we run a finesse thing called the West Coast Offense and that is why Callahan was hired.

Sometimes it is for confusion, other times it is actually part of the play. Have we had a procedure penalty related to shifting yet? I don't think we have. It isn't hurting us.

In summary, it is part of the offense. Get used to it.

yeah we had one last game. Also, I'm curious about the rule that says you can't have two men in motion at the same time. Wasn't that a rule and when does that apply?

Can't have two in motion at the time the ball's snapped.

Teams that run the West Coast - or any attack that involves passing - run motion as much as anything in the hopes that the defense will reveal what they intend to do at the snap. If you see the DB following a motion man, you have man-to-man in the secondary.

Another reason to run the motion is to hopefully catch the defense out of alignment, or to confuse them as to what you're going to run.

Can't have two in motion at the time the ball's snapped.

Teams that run the West Coast - or any attack that involves passing - run motion as much as anything in the hopes that the defense will reveal what they intend to do at the snap. If you see the DB following a motion man, you have man-to-man in the secondary.

Another reason to run the motion is to hopefully catch the defense out of alignment, or to confuse them as to what you're going to run.

:worship

I don't think it's confused us. Maybe it hasn't confused the other team, but that would be really tough for us, the fan, to figure out because were not in the film room with the coaches. If it works one play in a game it's worth it.

Shhh! You can't be talking with reason around here! You have to draw false conclusions from what you see on TV! DUH!

:)

I think it would be obvious to fan like myself if the defense is confused. I may be just a little more knowledgable with reading defenses than the average fan is but if a defense does not move while we are doing all that shifting, then it is obvious that they are in a zone defense. I don't see why Bill has to run all of that stuff through four quarters to tell that a team that is going to run zone against us because that is the best way to confuse a young quarterback. Dailey is going to see a lot of zones and until he can find the holes in them, teams will continue to run zone on us.

Is it me or have the Husker gone away with the motion. Very little of it yesterday against Kansas.

I believe that's because we are having to dumb down to the offense so Dailey can at least get a play off. Last night he could barely do that ! :bang