TEAM

cmb23

In all of the talk and reading up to the NU/OU matchup I got started thinking about the TEAM concept. I think these two TEAMS exemplify the meaning of the word to the fullest...as good as anyone else in the country.

For NU - This is a group of players that have been responsible for carrying out a coaches plans for completely changing the theory, approach and means of winning a game. Everything in the world was expected out of them, though in the beginning...we expected them to fail. They've gone through harsh criticism, growing pains, victories and losses. Leaders have emerged. Last year Cory Ross. This year Zac Taylor. Nobody points fingers. Nobody places the blame....and there are very few 'excuses'.

For OU - They began the season at the top. Then before the season began, controversy and loss of their leader. Then they were sucker-punched by refs, enough to really take the wind out of their sails. Up next a loss in the Red River Shootout. When everything seems on track....they lose a heisman front runner. What did they do? They rallied around a new QB. They solidified their approach to fill the void left by injuries. And their defensive unit is as cohesive as you can find. Offense works to help the defense and visa versa.

Just something 'positive' for both sides to take into this weekend.

Yes, I'd have to agree with you. Whoever comes out tomorrow night guns blazin' will win. :box Both teams have had storied roller coaster seasons. This season, Bob Stoops has rewritten the definition of perseverance by overcoming each and every setback. Bill Callahan has shown that the forward pass does work at Nebraska without moving away from an essential running game.

However, I believe that the Huskers will rise to the occasion. The last time Nebraska was 5-0 against their Division what was the result? ZT will have the game of his life. I think that OU has a very solid team, Nebraska need to play its strengths and exploit (using trickery whenever necessary) the OU defense on each an every play. Nebraska plays well when they are ahead but not too far ahead. Look for Nebraska to do well in the 1st and 4th quarters. Callahan should keep in mind OU will be forced to pass if they get behind.

I'm more pumped for this game than ever, something just tells me that the Huskers will prevail. GBR