Oak

Benard

I doubt he would - his tactics are fine for players under contract.  But apply them to kids who can transfer, and that's what you'd see - a lot of transfers.

No I disagree. He teaches discipline. He gets the most out of his players. Everywhere he goes good things happen.

Then why so many teams?

Some coaches like to move around. Take our secondary coach, he leaves every 3 years for a new place. Alot has to do with his bosses.

When you guys talk about guaranteed contracts.....you should actually read what their contract is talking about. Most of their "guaranteed contract" is just incentives. Phillip Rivers is suppose to have like a $60 million contract but half of that is for bogus incentives like making the super bowl his first five year and the pro bowl his first seven year. It is all called guaranteed money but it really isn't, it is just a way for agents to get paid more money.

When I talk about guaranteed contracts, I'm not really speaking of the money - it's the years. That's what makes it so painful for a team to actually let some players go - or makes it impossible to trade them. An older player with 4 guaranteed years at a minimum salary of one million, for example.

When the contract is guaranteed, the coach and the management has lost a significant amount of leverage. Not that it's either bad or good - I certainly see the players' perspective in this as well - but it can make motivating a player more difficult.