Oak

Benard

What's your point? Other than posting garbage one liners intended to cause some kind of rucus?

Frank isn't coming back man, move on.

My point is, I'm not a Bill Callahan fan and everyone thinks he's the best coach on other. That is crap. He is average. He is not god.

I am sure he isn't the best coach to walk the earth, but he is a good and capable coach. I also think he surrounds himself with people he works well with and can get the job done. IMO, that is something good coaches do.

What's your point? Other than posting garbage one liners intended to cause some kind of rucus?

Frank isn't coming back man, move on.

My point is, I'm not a Bill Callahan fan and everyone thinks he's the best coach on other. That is crap. He is average. He is not god.

I am sure he isn't the best coach to walk the earth, but he is a good and capable coach. I also think he surrounds himself with people he works well with and can get the job done. IMO, that is something good coaches do.

I'd agree that basically, thats why frank got some very good coaches around him but that didn't help I guess. Hopefully bill will get better.

I'll be honest however, I probably won't ever be a fan of him because I don't like the West Coast. I think we should still run the power game and option. Thats just Nebraska in my opinion.

If Callhan is such a good coach, then why did he let the same Raider team that went to the super bowl the year before slide all the way to a 4-12 record. He had the athletes last year. The whole age thing is bull crap. When a coach can't get his players to play hard ( Charles Woodson) then he is not doing his job. A great coach can get the very best out of every player. (Bill Parcells) . Bill callahan is average at best, a new offense does not make a coach great. All of the turnovers and penalties should be an example of how much Bill is getting out of his players. He is average at best and we have to deal with that.

Motivating college players and motivating pros are two entirely different matters. Coaches have less direct control over pros - guaranteed contracts in which the player receives more than the coach undermines any real authority.

Some coaches are better suited to the pros - some to the college ranks. I'd guess that Parcells would probably have a bit of a problem with college - the ability to go out and get a replacement in a relatively short time frame would hurt his usual tactics.

Motivating college players and motivating pros are two entirely different matters. Coaches have less direct control over pros - guaranteed contracts in which the player receives more than the coach undermines any real authority.

Some coaches are better suited to the pros - some to the college ranks. I'd guess that Parcells would probably have a bit of a problem with college - the ability to go out and get a replacement in a relatively short time frame would hurt his usual tactics.

I'm sure parcells would do just fine in college. I agree pro and college are totally different however.

If Callhan is such a good coach, then why did he let the same Raider team that went to the super bowl the year before slide all the way to a 4-12 record. He had the athletes last year. The whole age thing is bull crap. When a coach can't get his players to play hard ( Charles Woodson) then he is not doing his job. A great coach can get the very best out of every player. (Bill Parcells) . Bill callahan is average at best, a new offense does not make a coach great. All of the turnovers and penalties should be an example of how much Bill is getting out of his players. He is average at best and we have to deal with that.

BS. A pro player can simply just not play well. He get's paid more than the coaches. That and a big ego to boot, you do the math.

The man has coached 3 games. I will try and hold my final grading until the end of the season. Even then there are more variables than just his coaching ability.

GBR.

I doubt he would - his tactics are fine for players under contract.  But apply them to kids who can transfer, and that's what you'd see - a lot of transfers.

No I disagree. He teaches discipline. He gets the most out of his players. Everywhere he goes good things happen.

Then why so many teams?