Weight:197-202

40 time:4.80-4.90

Visit Date:Several unofficial to Nebraska

Scholarships offered:None

Favorites:Nebraska, Notre Dame, Texas, Kansas, Harvard, Princeton

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: NR/**

Insiders: NR/**

Assessing the talent: A Creighton Prep prospect. A fine, young man as well as a solid QB. Again, he won’t get an offer unless someone quits or transfers. He plays every play like it’s his last. Works as hard as he can. Always wants to win. Simply doesn’t have the athletism, speed and strength right now to play big time D-1 football

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 20% He may walk-on, if he was ever offered I believe he’d take it in a heartbeat, but that’s probably exactly why Callahan hasn’t offered. Coach C has met Dan numerous times and has been very gracious to him and explained the situation.

I can't see us offering a him a scholarship since Beck said that he would leave if we did. I don't think we should push our luck with this kid. Lets just take Beck and call it good at quarterback. If he wants to walk-on thats fine, but I just don't see us offering anything to him.

Yeah last time we did that it was with Dukes, that panned out well.

It concerns me when we put all our chips in the corner of a "verbal" committment. Not to mention the "dukes effect" like Benard alluded to.

Why the flip would we want to put everything on an UNPROVEN commodity is beyond me. And to me this kid is a bit soft by whining that " I'll go somewhere else if they want another QB"..... get over yourself. This aint the Freakin Bachelor. This is a BUSINESS,and last I checked NFL teams maintain at least 3 QBs at all times. does it sound like this kid is scared of competition to anyone else?

Beck is in a higher class the Dukes. Dukes left because he knew that there were going to be changes in the organization and he didn't want to be part of them. Beck is the quarterback that we need right now and we need to keep him happy so that he will keep his commitment.

Dukes didn't leave because of the changes, he left before that.

Beck is in a higher class the Dukes. Dukes left because he knew that there were going to be changes in the organization and he didn't want to be part of them. Beck is the quarterback that we need right now and we need to keep him happy so that he will keep his commitment.

Ahh I say piss on Beck, if he don't like us getting 2 qb's then let him go elsewhere. We want team players. That's my biggest concern is that callhan is going to get all these southerners and californian's that are all for themselves. Well guess what! That doesn't make a good football team.

I should think a coach would have significant concerns if a player is essentially issuing an ultimatium before he's even signed. Let's assume he's the only QB signed and he doesn't start as quickly as he thinks he should. Or there's some flaw he has that doesn't show up at the high school level, but is glaring at the college level. Is he going to transfer?

Better to keep recruiting other quarterbacks, and weed out those that don't want to be there for the right reason.

It concerns me when we put all our chips in the corner of a "verbal" committment. Not to mention the "dukes effect" like Benard alluded to.

Why the flip would we want to put everything on an UNPROVEN commodity is beyond me. And to me this kid is a bit soft by whining that " I'll go somewhere else if they want another QB"..... get over yourself. This aint the Freakin Bachelor. This is a BUSINESS,and last I checked NFL teams maintain at least 3 QBs at all times. does it sound like this kid is scared of competition to anyone else?

I agree, I think he should go after another qb. especially if he don't think ganz, adams, or davis are ever going to amount to anything. If he thinks one of those 3 can step in and be a good player then just getting beck will be fine. But if we just get beck and it's him and dailey battling it out and the others way behind then I could easily see joe winning the battle and beck saying the hell with it and transferring. Just a thought.

Why are you guys all afraid to go with Beck. I know he hasn't proven anything at the colligiate level yet but neither has any other high school quarterback. Who cares about his attitude, a lot of high school prospect are pretty high on themselves when they get recruited. You guys all compare the Beck to the "Dukes Effect" but there are other players out there that have done great by requesting to be the only quarterback in a recruiting class. (Eli Manning, Chris Leak, Tee Martin) They all went on and had great collegiate careers. So my point is, lets give Beck a chance before we chance him out of town.