QB Dan Gorski

Why are you guys all afraid to go with Beck. I know he hasn't proven anything at the colligiate level yet but neither has any other high school quarterback. Who cares about his attitude, a lot of high school prospect are pretty high on themselves when they get recruited. You guys all compare the Beck to the "Dukes Effect" but there are other players out there that have done great by requesting to be the only quarterback in a recruiting class. (Eli Manning, Chris Leak, Tee Martin) They all went on and had great collegiate careers. So my point is, lets give Beck a chance before we chance him out of town.

were not saying not to give him a chance, were saying we shouldn't be afraid to get someone else or better have a good backup plan in case he sucks.

Why are you guys all afraid to go with Beck. I know he hasn't proven anything at the colligiate level yet but neither has any other high school quarterback. Who cares about his attitude, a lot of high school prospect are pretty high on themselves when they get recruited. You guys all compare the Beck to the "Dukes Effect" but there are other players out there that have done great by requesting to be the only quarterback in a recruiting class. (Eli Manning, Chris Leak, Tee Martin) They all went on and had great collegiate careers. So my point is, lets give Beck a chance before we chance him out of town.

were not saying not to give him a chance, were saying we shouldn't be afraid to get someone else or better have a good backup plan in case he sucks.

Beck is putting us into a High Risk, High Reward situation right now. I say that we take a gamble and let it ride. If we go with Beck then there is no back up plan as far as recruiting another quarterback. You guys have to understand that he is not going to let us do both.

Beck is putting us into a High Risk, High Reward situation right now. I say that we take a gamble and let it ride. If we go with Beck then there is no back up plan as far as recruiting another quarterback. You guys have to understand that he is not going to let us do both.

Exactly, and who is he to do this to us?? Shouldnt WE be dictating our recruiting moves not vice versa??

Too much risk, not enough reward. Think about how many "can't miss" recruits turn out to be duds. Think of how many get hurt, homesick, or can't cut the academics. This kid may very well be a world-beater, but the odds are too high that something will happen and we'd be left high-and-dry.

Too much risk, not enough reward. Think about how many "can't miss" recruits turn out to be duds. Think of how many get hurt, homesick, or can't cut the academics. This kid may very well be a world-beater, but the odds are too high that something will happen and we'd be left high-and-dry.

Good points. not to mention the fact that he has only "verbally" committed. So Beck is expecting NU to give him a firm committment (b/c its not like we would back out), and then his commit is only this flaky "gentlemans" agreement that he wont back out. So not only could he bomb once he gets to NU, but he may not even GET to NU before we are left holding our mouths trying to scramble in MARCH to find a QB for the class of 2005... oh yeah kinda like we did last year!!! :blink: Forget this crap. Callahan has to be smarter than this... maybe he has somethin else workin on the side... contingency plan perhaps??? hope so. :(

You guys bring up a good point, but what if Beck is the next big thing for college football quarterbacks. I would feel really stupid if we let him go somewhere else and started setting records. The guy has skills. He travels around a lot so I don't think that he would get homesick. Plus, He is a leader for his team so I don't think that his attitude is that big of a problem. I like him, and think that we should stick with him.

Exactly. I don't like it at all. Risk of him sucking and risk of injury is to high. If either one of them happens then we are right back to where we are now.

You guys bring up a good point, but what if Beck is the next big thing for college football quarterbacks. I would feel really stupid if we let him go somewhere else and started setting records. The guy has skills. He travels around a lot so I don't think that he would get homesick. Plus, He is a leader for his team so I don't think that his attitude is that big of a problem. I like him, and think that we should stick with him.

I guess you got to play the odds. I guess I think the odds are better of him being just average or not good at all or getting hurt compared to setting records. I'm guessing he will probably get 2 next year.

• 3 months later...

Well the buzz is that old Dan may still very well end up a Husker. Lincoln this weekend. He visited Princeton last weekend, and he'll be in Lincoln this weekend. He wouldnt get a schollie, but would be on a full academic schollie anyway b/c the kid is just plain smurt.

Any thoughts on this.. good, bad, doesnt really matter? This would be 3 new QBs in the mix, and when added to the current group, well, what a mess. I would think something would have to give, i.e. the wrestler... well, wrestling. And it could also cause 1 or 2 of the others to consider transferring, which may not be a bad idea regardless.

• 1 month later...

Just caught that news on Rivals - I'm pretty happy about it. Gorski seems like a Weis type of kid - hard worker with a great attitude. Charlie has traditionally had some real success with kids like that (No Tom Brady predictions though...not yet, anyway :) ).

Although, he's got the frame (6'4") even if he's a bit lanky and a 4.9 ain't too shabby he apparently doesn't put on the muscle weight very well. Maybe a year or two of maturing will get some better results in the weighroom.

He might end up developing into a real good player. Then again, maybe that's just my eternal optimism and love of the underdog talking (which probably explains my love of the Irish and the Cubs ;) ).

If nothing else, good attitudes are infectious - fill the team with workers, and the slackers get some pressure to keep up.

IRISH!