A Look at Nyan Boateng - recruit in town for KU..

No disrespect intended, but the 6-foot-3, 190-pound wide receiver from New York's Abraham Lincoln High School is actually drawn to NU because of its perceived deficiencies.

"I do know they've put in a new system," he said, "and that's the main reason I'm looking at them. They just need more athletes. I'm the type of player who can be that guy. The fact is, I'm a deep threat. I stretch the field."

His other numbers are even more impressive. Boateng said he has recorded a vertical leap of 45 inches and runs the 40-yard dash in 4.39 seconds.

"I know how to accelerate and get open," he said. "I can do a little bit of everything. But really, I'm a lot like Mike Williams (formerly of USC) or Randy Moss (of the Minnesota Vikings)."

:blink: Holy crap.

This could also be HUGE for the bball team...

On the basketball court, Boateng is not to be confused with Eric Boateng, the touted Duke recruit out of Delaware. Nyan Boateng teamed with NBA lottery pick Sebastian Telfair to form an impressive high school backcourt. He also played on the AAU circuit with a pair of Nebraska basketball recruits: New York natives Will Harris and Jamel White.

Boateng said White "lives right down the block."

"He's my boy," Boateng said. "That helps Nebraska a lot. But I just have to look at the school and see what's best for me. I'm looking for a place where I can be the featured guy."

Welcome to Lincoln Nyan :clap