How many championships....

Championships are very rare, and even more rare as you move up the competition ladder.

Here's what Wikipedia says about College Football National Championships. (there's more to the article)

Notre Dame 13

Alabama 12

USC 11

Oklahoma 9

Michigan 7

Ohio State 7

Minnesota 6

Miami 5

Nebraska 5

Pittsburgh 5

Georgia Tech 4

Harvard 4

Tennessee 4

Texas 4

My involvement with football spanned over 3 decadess, playing and coaching various levels of youth.

In all that time, I personally played in but one championship game, a city championship, and lost. I coached for over 20 years in several cities and in all that time, coached in only 3. Won one, lost 2. In the 37 years I've been a Husker faithful, they've managed to win five.

Not for nothin (I'm just killing time before spring game) but I'm curious as to other's experience is with football championships.

:corndance:bonez:corndance:bonez

Championships are very rare, and even more rare as you move up the competition ladder.

Here's what Wikipedia says about College Football National Championships. (there's more to the article)

Notre Dame 13

Alabama 12

USC 11

Oklahoma 9

Michigan 7

Ohio State 7

Minnesota 6

Miami 5

Nebraska 5

Pittsburgh 5

Georgia Tech 4

Harvard 4

Tennessee 4

Texas 4

My involvement with football spanned over 3 decadess, playing and coaching various levels of youth.

In all that time, I personally played in but one championship game, a city championship, and lost. I coached for over 20 years in several cities and in all that time, coached in only 3. Won one, lost 2. In the 37 years I've been a Husker faithful, they've managed to win five.

Not for nothin (I'm just killing time before spring game) but I'm curious as to other's experience is with football championships.

:corndance:bonez:corndance:bonez

I kept the score clock for a HS six-man championship. :lol:

Here's my favorite: Look at the season records. Every game is a championship game!!!!

It looks like after the drubbing that princetom gave the only other team, probably Yale or Harvard, they up and quit the damn game. Probably fired their coach as well.

I guess 1871 the game ended in a tie.

Year Champion Source Record Bowl Head coach

1869 Princeton (NCF) 1-1

1870 Princeton (NCF) 1-0

1871 No Champion

1872 Princeton (NCF) 1-0

1873 Princeton (NCF) 1-0

:box:hmmph

Half of those championships are such a joke. They were the only schools playing real football. If I were the only one doing something then yes I can declare myself the national champion as well. Just like Michigan fans after the Alamo Bowl bragging about how many more wins then us their program had. Ridiculous