PederWacker strikes again

Gillespie is gonzo, and today's victim of the pederson rampage. He was the assistant AD, so no big shock here.

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_np=0&u_pg...dbe0a1878f30c01

Heres a page the OWH put together to track the "transformation".

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=528&u_...13&u_sid=598456

Who knows what the face of Nebraska football will look like "AD". :(

Had to drop a biblical reference, b/c I almost expect Pederson to begin reciting the Samuel L Jackson/Pulp Fiction line before each wacking. :o

Who will be next? Jamrog maybe? hopefully.

later-

• Plus1 1

Eh, who cares.

I think it's funny when a guy gets gobs of sh#t for doing his job. This

is what he was hired to do. Make decisions about the NU athletics. That's what he is

doing. If they turn out to be bad decisions, then he will be replaced and shame on

the people that hired him. You can't chastize a guy for doing his job.

• Plus1 1
Did I hear Steve right at his press conference?  "This is not a win at any cost program."  And (paraphrased) we want to be contending for the National Championship every year.  Am I the only person who sees a conflict between those two statements?  Just curious.

No, there is no conflict. You have to think about what is "any cost". If you see firing

a coach as an extreme cost then yes, it is conflicting. Also, is it necessary to

"win at all costs" to contend for the NC? No, not if the team is good enough.

At some point some people in Nebraska are going to realize that it might be time

to look outside the program after 40 years.

I know some of you probably think from my posts here that I am on Pederson's

"side" when the truth is I am not on anyones "side". Being a die hard Husker fan, I

am trying to look at this situation from a realistic standpoint and not look at the

situation through "Husker Red" glasses as it were. :)

GO HUSKERS!

• Plus1 1

not speaking for brotherofalatehusker, but since i agree w him Ill ad my opinion. i also think it was "bush" and low class which needs to stay in the SEC where it belongs. it suked bc the way he handled himself at the confrence didnt seem genuwine. the fact that he met w solich for "5 minutes". the fact that teammates and most other coaches found out from espn. the fact he treated solich like a drain to the program rather then an asset which he was. the fact that he said it wasnt bc he didnt win, then WHAT WAS IT STEVE? So hes saying that if his personel guy that he brings in goes 5-7 he will keep him just bc they got along?! the fact that he said he wanted solich gone bfore he even got the job, this also means he just hated solich and this is a weak reason to fire someone and overall a bush or should I say CLINTON move.

rc

• Plus1 1

I'll tell you the truth Dave. I couldn't have handled it because I wouldn't have been able to stand up there for a week lying my rear end off! Also, I wouldn't have needed the Chancellor to clear the way for me. Finally, this was not a light hearted press conferrence so, stand up and say your piece and don't be grinning every 15 second just like a politician. With regard to the "rumors", doesn't look to me like they were rumors at all. Newspaper was asked point blank if they backed their story and they did. It was proven accurate. If you and Steve and Harvey want to look at them as rumors, more power to you.

• Plus1 1
I'll tell you the truth Dave.  I couldn't have handled it because I wouldn't have been able to stand up there for a week lying my rear end off!

So you would have let the rumors at that time swirl around the heads of the coaching

staff and players?

Also, I wouldn't have needed the Chancellor to clear the way for me.
Considering he is the one in charge of the whole university, It was probably

fitting that he said something before an announcement as big as this.

Finally, this was not a light hearted press conference so, stand up and say your piece and don't be grinning every 15 second just like a politician. 

I still don't see why people are so upset about him grinning every once in a while.

It's not like someone died. It's about FOOTBALL, not National Security. Sure, given

how serious football is taken in this state, it probably would have ruffled less feathers

than it did if he did appear more sincere. Also, it is about a man losing what he loves

to do. However, I didn't take his smiles as being not sincere. He was answering questions

politely IMO. That's how I took it, you took it another way. No problem!

Newspaper was asked point blank if they backed their story and they did.  It was proven accurate.

Of course they are going to back their story! Why not? You can't prove a rumor wrong

or right! In the end, yes the story was almost on target. However, I refuse to believe

that the story didn't have at least some roots in his changes at Pittsburgh. Especially

since the article in the Star said that Solich would be offered a job in the department

and wasn't. However the coach at Pitt was.

I just think that if you are going to publish a story like this, knowing how big football

is in this state, you should be ready to cite your information. That is, if you are

looking out for the best interest of the team and the coach.....

If you and Steve and Harvey want to look at them as rumors, more power to you.

Who started them if they weren't rumors and how did they get that information? Until

I find that out, I still can't say they weren't rumors. Site your anonymous sources.

I wonder if I could get away with citing anonymous sources on any of my research

papers! :)

Anyway, trying to figure out if they were rumors or not is moot at this point. What's done

is done and we as Husker fans have to deal with it.

BRING ON THE BOWL GAME!!! I don't know if I can wait that long! :)

Oh and about the "Husker Red Glasses" thing, I didn't necessarily mean you

brother. Just the kind of people they interview on the news that spew crap. :)

Right on. You guys are all bringing up good points. I like it.

Not trying to bang on you Dave, but I tend to agree with the others. I see why you tend to favor the other side, b/c they are founded on hearsay that isnt tangilble, so I appreciate that. But, putting the rumors aside since we will never know the legitimacy of them, the point that pushed me over the edge into the anti-Pederson camp was when he said he was thinking about firing Solich long before he even got the job as AD.

This tells me he had a personal agenda, and that his motivations were predicated by superficial pretenses. Not the right way to go about leading a program, not to mention gaining credibility and friends, which he has very little of b/c we didnt know him. This will now define him to us, until he can prove otherwise. Deep hole there. In my opinion an AD needs to detach themself from personal emotions, and use logic instead of personal feelings.

Okay there, I said my peace and now Im with you, ready to put this to bed for now, and get ready to go bowling!! After all, this was a pretty remarkable season considering last year - but apparently not good enough... dammit there I go again!!

GBR!

Right on. You guys are all bringing up good points. I like it.

Not trying to bang on you Dave, but I tend to agree with the others.  I see why you tend to favor the other side, b/c they are founded on hearsay that isnt tangilble, so I appreciate that.  But, putting the rumors aside since we will never know the legitimacy of them, the point that pushed me over the edge into the anti-Pederson camp was when he said he was thinking about firing Solich long before he even got the job as AD. 

This tells me he had a personal agenda, and that his motivations were predicated by superficial pretenses. Not the right way to go about leading a program, not to mention gaining credibility and friends, which he has very little of b/c we didnt know him. This will now define him to us, until he can prove otherwise. Deep hole there.  In my opinion an AD needs to detach themself from personal emotions, and use logic instead of personal feelings.

Okay there, I said my peace and now Im with you, ready to put this to bed for now, and get ready to go bowling!! After all, this was a pretty remarkable season considering last year - but apparently not good enough...  dammit there I go again!!

GBR!

I can see where you are coming from Blackshirt. I would definitely agree that it

seems he knew what he was going to do before he got here but I am not so sure

that indicates it was personal. It might have been, yes. But is it impossible that he

was thinking of ways he would change the system if he were to get hired? After all,

he did make a similar move at Pitt.

I also do agree that he must detach himself from any personal feelings, if there is

any. This should be a rule for anyone in a position where they control a person's

job.

The fact that he made a similar move at Pitt kinda makes me uneasy because it

almost makes it seem as if he has a "cookbook" of sorts. I don't know if that cookbook

is full of good recipes. Although Pitt has improved, they aren't that great. Then again

they don't have the talent drawing power of a Nebraska.

I will agree that he has dug himself quite a hole and will have to prove his decision

was a good one over the next 2-5 years. Even if he does, I don't know that everyone

will let it go :)

I am proud of the team this year and I think they did an excellent job!