Search continues for Assistant

From the Lincoln Journal Star:

NU looking to hire Ohio State coach?

Joe Rudolph, a member of Ohio State's football strength and conditioning staff, is believed to have emerged as a leading candidate to join Nebraska's full-time coaching staff, perhaps as tight ends coach.

Rudolph played on the offensive line at Wisconsin in the early 1990s when Husker head coach Bill Callahan was the Badgers' o-line coach.

Meanwhile, UCLA tight ends/special teams coach John Wristen denied Friday he's a candidate for a Nebraska position, saying he has neither visited Lincoln nor spoken with Callahan about the Huskers' opening.

"I wish that were the case," Wristen said.

I am not sure which guy I would rather have. I would rather have the better guy for the job obviously but what I am saying is as far as recruiting what area I would rather have better knowledge of. If a guy comes from ohio st. that would enable us to recruit an area of the country we dont have very good success at and there is obviously some very good talent at. On the other hand we recruit Cali heavily and that could possibly boost our success there. I am only talking about this with the mention of being tight ends coach, so I assume hed be out recruiting.

I would rather have a guy in the upper midwest area than another in Cali... Busch seems to do really well on the west coast and i dont think adding another guy out there would help out at all. We have been unable to recruit big ten area for a long time, and even Iowa is becoming pretty tough. There is alot of talent there, and it seems a shame to just give up on it all together.

I would rather have a guy in the upper midwest area than another in Cali... Busch seems to do really well on the west coast and i dont think adding another guy out there would help out at all. We have been unable to recruit big ten area for a long time, and even Iowa is becoming pretty tough. There is alot of talent there, and it seems a shame to just give up on it all together.

True, but all the crazy speed is in Cally and the South East