tutorial

maybe start with the very basics as in like changing fonts, I thought I knew how but usually it doesnt work for me, I am a student and I get by good in computer classes

also maybe with adding pictures and smiles, I thought the smiles were the advertisment you see a lot, I did figure that out but it took me a couple of days

maybe with the avatar

i dont know if this is something the board might do and how many people are having problems but when I saw this I thought it might help others

maybe start with the very basics as in like changing fonts, I thought I knew how but usually it doesnt work for me, I am a student and I get by good in computer classes

also maybe with adding pictures and smiles, I thought the smiles were the advertisment you see a lot, I did figure that out but it took me a couple of days

maybe with the avatar

i dont know if this is something the board might do and how many people are having problems but when I saw this I thought it might help others

Let's start with fonts. There are basically seven things you can do to a font - change size, change color, change the type of font such as Arial, Verdana, etc., bold it, italicize it, underline it, or strike through it. All of those options appear at the top of the field in which you type the message (B for bold, I for italicize, etc. - the size and the font type controls are above the Bold, Italics, etc - color is the letter A with a thick line under it).

To change any or all of the attributes, select (highlight) what you want to change, then click the option you want to change. In the case of type, color and size, you have either a drop down list or a palette for the colors. Just do one at a time; there isn't a way to do more than one.

• 4 months later...

Learning from an existing post:

I don’t claim to be a tech savvy poster, so sometimes I look at the code of someone else’s existing post to figure out how to do something. First I find an existing post where someone else has done what I want to learn (e.g., post a link, etc.).

Then click on the "REPLY" button for that post, to pretend like you are going to quote that post of interest in a post of your own. But—after looking at the code in their post—instead of completing your post, hit the Back button to back out without leaving a post.