cotton bowl moving

I and many other husker fans went down to dallas this and sat in the cold, not as cold as the Big 12 championshipship game from which i was still warming up from at the time but yes now I am completly warmed, anyways the Cotton Bowl is being moved from the cotton bowl, to the new Cowboys stadium in 2010.

I have mixed opinions one the cotton bowl needed some renovations which were not going to be made with one or two games a year, and I am not suggesting the city of Dallas should have to do that for that same reason.

But the other side is the tradition of The Cotton Bowl, at The Cotton Bowl I am sure that many teams could haved moved from their stadiums to build a new one instead of fixing up there old one, the cotton bowl has dropped the last couple of years and they should have made some renovations or have changed stadiums a few years ago.

But it seems like as Nebraska is entering a new stage of football (Peterson) I ask how much traditions are going to be lost in the next couple of years not only for the huskers but for the whole country.

I know we are starting new traditions such as the singing of There Is No Place Like Nebraska after wins, (which comes from USC) and a now established tradition as the tunnel walk and "Husker Nation" and Restore the Order.

What I want to know is what are your favorite traditions, and what is enough in changing?

Dallas had a chance to keep the game and didnt want to spend the money on the stadium, and the cowboys looked at using the site to build thier new stadium that the game is moving to, but Dallas again didnt want to spend any money. Given a great many football fans couldnt tell you where the cotton bowl is played, it really doesnt matter. Better Stadium, better time for the fans who travel to the game, I dont see any real bad points about it.

People make too big a deal out of 'traditions' on many of these little things. It is the big ones that are Identified with the school in a big way that matter. Like the Blackshirts, it is probly the single biggest one. The only 'tradition', and I use this term very loosly, that we have lost is the 'continuity' of the staff.

I and many other husker fans went down to dallas this and sat in the cold, not as cold as the Big 12 championshipship game from which i was still warming up from at the time but yes now I am completly warmed, anyways the Cotton Bowl is being moved from the cotton bowl, to the new Cowboys stadium in 2010.

I have mixed opinions one the cotton bowl needed some renovations which were not going to be made with one or two games a year, and I am not suggesting the city of Dallas should have to do that for that same reason.

But the other side is the tradition of The Cotton Bowl, at The Cotton Bowl I am sure that many teams could haved moved from their stadiums to build a new one instead of fixing up there old one, the cotton bowl has dropped the last couple of years and they should have made some renovations or have changed stadiums a few years ago.

But it seems like as Nebraska is entering a new stage of football (Peterson) I ask how much traditions are going to be lost in the next couple of years not only for the huskers but for the whole country.

I know we are starting new traditions such as the singing of There Is No Place Like Nebraska after wins, (which comes from USC) and a now established tradition as the tunnel walk and "Husker Nation" and Restore the Order.

What I want to know is what are your favorite traditions, and what is enough in changing?

:asshat

Way to go. Take a bowl game moving and turn it into bitching about things at Nebraska.

:asshat :asshat :asshat

dedhoarse

dedhoarse:wtf:wtf

Enough is enough