Recruit 2 Qb's????

We are certainly in a dilemma? Callahan has apparently told Beck he will not recruit another QB for next year. But after what has been occurring of late, should Callahan go against his word and began to heavily and publicly recruit another QB in here for next year. But this could potentially in the future hurt recruiting because recruits won't be able to trust Callahan's word.

he shouldn't have ever said that. That was stupid. what if beck sucks? What if he gets hurt and is never any good? Then we are right back where we are now.

What if that happens to any of the recruits? You are also assuming that none of our current players, many of which your beloved Solich recruited, are worth a sh#t as they won't get any better.

I hate to make a point which may aggrevate the mighty DaveH but, Frank didn't recruit any of those QB's to run the West Coast O now did he?  So, maybe BC just MIGHT like to have his own safety valve??  You just have to get in everyones face if they don't subscribe to your philosophy don't you?  Sheesh, I was even gonna wish you Happy Birthday yesterday too...... :wacko:

Thanks for bringing up my exact point.

Bernard is basically saying that if Beck doesn't turn out we have to go to our current players of which none will be any better than they are now. My point was that Solich recruited them, he likes Solich, so why doesn't he stand behind his players? Can they not respond to playing the game with a different philosophy? They can't get any better?

I still have faith in the ability of the players. It just hasn't clicked yet I guess. We looked decent on the first drive yesterday, like we always do. Then it just seems to go down hill after that.

Getting in peoples faces and making them present a good argument for their case is one thing this place is for. Sadly, most people have just decided to beat the same dead horse in hopes it will prove a point. It doesn't.

It was a hell of a birthday :).

:wtf Are you saying then? It's the coaches or it's the players? AND Bernard did NOT bring up your exact point (you remind me of the Presidential debates). He said that BC should have given himself a cushion by NOT committing to ONE QB. You know as well as the rest of us that the QB's that are here were not intended for that type of O. :worship We all bow down to the almighty DaveH. :rollin
:wtf Are you saying then? It's the coaches or it's the players? AND Bernard did NOT bring up your exact point (you remind me of the Presidential debates). He said that BC should have given himself a cushion by NOT committing to ONE QB. You know as well as the rest of us that the QB's that are here were not intended for that type of O. :worship We all bow down to the almighty DaveH. :rollin

You aren't following me.

Bernard didn't bring up my point, you did. Thus why I said:

Thanks for bringing up my exact point.

I'll say it again. Bernard is saying that if Beck doesn't turn out, we are screwed. Do you agree?

OK, I am saying we aren't and he apparently doesn't have any confidence in the abilities of the current players which will be back next year. They weren't recruited for this offense, but I think they can get it. Bernard doesn't because he is saying we are screwed if Beck doesn't turn out.

That's what I am saying, plain and simple. Do you get it now or do I need to draw a pie chart or use smileys? I will try to take smaller steps next time so you can follow along.

It's called reading into what someone is saying. You often get to the root of what they are saying that way. Which around here lately always boils down to "SCREW EVERYONE!" :bat

I say stick with Beck. We don't want recruits to think that Callahan will go against his word. Plus, Beck is the best quarterback recruit that we can get this year. You all want to ask yourself what if Beck doesn't pan out, but I want to ask everyone, "what if Beck does succeed in our offense. What if he does lead us to a couple of Championship." Lets take a chance with this kid.

I am going to type slowly so that maybe YOU will get it. He says and I agree, that it was NOT a prudent decision to tell Beck the he would be the ONLY QB recruited! If he is that good let him have no fear and prove it. The people that are ALREADY here are athletes but they DO NOT fit into the scheme of BC's things....

I give up.

Back to the topic at hand, I will quote myself.

I think you gotta stick to your word. If he said that then he should stick to it. We have enough young players at the QB spot as it is, IMO.
I am going to type slowly so that maybe YOU will get it. He says and I agree, that it was NOT a prudent decision to tell Beck the he would be the ONLY QB recruited! If he is that good let him have no fear and prove it. The people that are ALREADY here are athletes but they DO NOT fit into the scheme of BC's things....

Well, actually, DaveH didn't say he agreed with the decision to make the promise, either.

I am going to type slowly so that maybe YOU will get it.  He says and I agree, that it was NOT a prudent decision to tell Beck the he would be the ONLY QB recruited!  If he is that good let him have no fear and prove it.  The people that are ALREADY here are athletes but they DO NOT fit into the scheme of BC's things....

Well, actually, DaveH didn't say he agreed with the decision to make the promise, either.

Ah-ha! A clue sherlock :)

I don't know if it was a good idea or not? How good is this guy? Between Joe, Beau and Jordan I think we have enough YOUNG bodies at QB right now. If there was a good year to only recruit 1 QB, this might be it. In any other situation I don't think this was a good move.

Agree late husk',

Beck is a very good QB. In camp he really impressed after the first session.

Which will probably be how he is next year. He can all ready do things that Dailey can't. Very strong arm.

But to get to the point. He's a competitor, so why not allow the competition. In my book, it's healthy and can only make you better.