5* stars 21-27

I'm guessing since the next crop of 5 stars got leaked, Rivals went ahead and released this group today, instead of tomorrow as they planned.

Anyhow, here is the next crop of 5 stars ...

http://www.nebraska.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=676176

20.) Deion Walker

19.) Baker Steinkuhler

18.) EJ Manuel

17.) DJ Shoemate

16.) Matt Kalil

15.) Arthur Brown

14.) TJ Bryant

Congrats to Baker! Well deserved.

I guess that means he will be the 3rd ranked OT because micheal brewster will be number 1 OT and matt kalil is ahead of baker

I guess that means he will be the 3rd ranked OT because matt patcham will be number 1 and matt kalil is ahead of baker

Michael Brewster, from what I have heard, will be the #1 OT. Patchan, I have not heard in the discussion to be a 5 star player, much less a top 14 player. Would be hard to believe someone who needs to put on 60 pounds before he can play in college would be considered a 5 star, in Patchan.

Kalil was a surprise -- but being a USC commit, it shouldn't surprise me.

I think that is actually right, they were supposed to release them today werent they?

Nope, they were going to release the next crop on Wednesday, then 13-7 on Thursday, then 6-1 on Friday. The Rivals 100 would then be released next Tuesday.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=675625

Rivals.com will unveil players ranked from No. 20-14 on Wednesday, No. 13-7 on Thursday and No. 6-1 on Friday. On Tuesday, following the Memorial Day holiday, the first official Rivals100 for the class of 2008 will be unveiled. That will be the first time that stars are awarded for those players and they will be ranked numerically from No. 1 to 100.

I guess that means he will be the 3rd ranked OT because matt patcham will be number 1 and matt kalil is ahead of baker

Michael Brewster, from what I have heard, will be the #1 OT. Patchan, I have not heard in the discussion to be a 5 star player, much less a top 14 player. Would be hard to believe someone who needs to put on 60 pounds before he can play in college would be considered a 5 star, in Patchan.

Kalil was a surprise -- but being a USC commit, it shouldn't surprise me.

I think that is actually right, they were supposed to release them today werent they?

Nope, they were going to release the next crop on Wednesday, then 13-7 on Thursday, then 6-1 on Friday. The Rivals 100 would then be released next Tuesday.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=675625

Rivals.com will unveil players ranked from No. 20-14 on Wednesday, No. 13-7 on Thursday and No. 6-1 on Friday. On Tuesday, following the Memorial Day holiday, the first official Rivals100 for the class of 2008 will be unveiled. That will be the first time that stars are awarded for those players and they will be ranked numerically from No. 1 to 100.

sorry that's what I meant to say don't know why I said patchan i'll edit that

Another OT gets rated ahead of Baker ... this time, it's Tyron Smith.

Greg Biggins gives his reason as this guy can run like a TE, but mauls people at the line. Another reason is he dominates at NIKE Camps. But yet, you look at his numbers 5.1 forty, 5.25 shuttle, and this coming from a 264lbs. lineman.

But due to the fact he has offers from the big boys (USC, Notre Dame, Florida) he will get rated higher.

I'm thinking Rivals is forgetting what a true 5 star is -- but instead basing it off of potential and an offers list.

http://www.nebraska.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=676570

Another OT gets rated ahead of Baker ... this time, it's Tyron Smith.

Greg Biggins gives his reason as this guy can run like a TE, but mauls people at the line. Another reason is he dominates at NIKE Camps. But yet, you look at his numbers 5.1 forty, 5.25 shuttle, and this coming from a 264lbs. lineman.

But due to the fact he has offers from the big boys (USC, Notre Dame, Florida) he will get rated higher.

I'm thinking Rivals is forgetting what a true 5 star is -- but instead basing it off of potential and an offers list.

http://www.nebraska.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=676570

just like you said when I mistakenly said matt patchan would be a 5 star.....how do you have this kid as a 5 star top of the line guy when he has yet to gain 30-40 pounds it's ridicoulous 5 stars are supossed to be college ready pyschly at least or close to it your right rivals is turning scout on us nameing them 5 stars if they have an offer from USC even if the guy hasn't played since the 7th grade