Happy Father's Day!

A great man died in May.

He wasn't a world leader or a famous doctor or a war hero or a sports figure. He was no business tycoon, and you will never see his name in the financial pages. But he was one of the greatest men who ever lived. He was my Dad.

I guess you might say he was a person who was never interested in getting credit or receiving honors. He did corny things like pay bills on time, go to church on Sunday and serve as an officer in the P.T.A.

He helped his kids with their homework and drove his wife to do the grocery shopping on Friday nights. He got a great kick out of hauling his teenagers and their friends to and from football games.

Today is my first Father’s Day without him. I don't know what to do with myself. I am sorry now for the times I didn't show him the proper respect. But I am grateful for a lot of other things.

I am thankful that God let me have my father for 49 years. And I am happy that I was able to let him know how much I loved him. That wonderful man died after a long battle with cancer, but he knew that he was a great success as a husband and a father, a brother, a son, and a friend.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO ANY DADS ON HUSKERBOARD! PLEASE TELL YOUR DADS YOU LOVE THEM AND APPRECIATE ALL THEY DO. SPEND TIME WITH THEM AND HONOR THEM!

A great man died in May.

He wasn't a world leader or a famous doctor or a war hero or a sports figure. He was no business tycoon, and you will never see his name in the financial pages. But he was one of the greatest men who ever lived. He was my Dad.

I guess you might say he was a person who was never interested in getting credit or receiving honors. He did corny things like pay bills on time, go to church on Sunday and serve as an officer in the P.T.A.

He helped his kids with their homework and drove his wife to do the grocery shopping on Friday nights. He got a great kick out of hauling his teenagers and their friends to and from football games.

Today is my first Father’s Day without him. I don't know what to do with myself. I am sorry now for the times I didn't show him the proper respect. But I am grateful for a lot of other things.

I am thankful that God let me have my father for 49 years. And I am happy that I was able to let him know how much I loved him. That wonderful man died after a long battle with cancer, but he knew that he was a great success as a husband and a father, a brother, a son, and a friend.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO ANY DADS ON HUSKERBOARD! PLEASE TELL YOUR DADS YOU LOVE THEM AND APPRECIATE ALL THEY DO. SPEND TIME WITH THEM AND HONOR THEM!

First my condolences to you OhioHusker, secondly I also hope all the dads out there enjoy their Father's day as well.