Recruiting Against UT and OU

Looks like we have a great start at an excellent recruiting year. But then, take a look at the Horns and Sooners. Do you think NU could ever hope to compete head to head with TX in recruiting when they're sitting right on top of such a great talent pool? Seems like the only way to beat them in the recruiting game is to be better at the recruiting intangibles (fit to the system, 3 star players with 4/5 star potential, etc.). By intangibles I mean anything that makes a kid great in college that can't be easily measured by stars in HS. I recognize that star ratings are a very crude measure; however, I assume there is some correspondence between success in HS and success in college.

Cam anyone seriously say they are not happy in the improvement in recruiting made by Callahan and Co. There has been a steady, logical, obvious improvement every single year....Does it turn into wins....we'll see?

You bring up a point I've thought about and would like to know what other Husker fans think. I seems to me the staff is having some success building a pipeline to the NFL. I'm thinking here of our successful draftees. It seems to me the more success we have at building a pipeline to the NFL the more successful our recruiting will get. I'm expecting and hoping for even better recruiting success in the coming seasons. Also, as we get more successful on the field that will help recruiting.

Cam anyone seriously say they are not happy in the improvement in recruiting made by Callahan and Co. There has been a steady, logical, obvious improvement every single year....Does it turn into wins....we'll see?

You bring up a point I've thought about and would like to know what other Husker fans think. I seems to me the staff is having some success building a pipeline to the NFL. I'm thinking here of our successful draftees. It seems to me the more success we have at building a pipeline to the NFL the more successful our recruiting will get. I'm expecting and hoping for even better recruiting success in the coming seasons. Also, as we get more successful on the field that will help recruiting.

Definitely. And having a former NFL head coach simply adds to that facet of it.