Weight: 163 lbs.

40 time: 4.4

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Texas A&M, Oklahoma State, Baylor, Houston

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star:star:star:star

Bid Red Report: :star:star:star

Assessing the talent: Speedster who can line up in multiple positions. Leaper with 39 inch vertical. Also plays basketball.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 15% Backed off early commitment to A&M. Interested in playing college basketball as well.

Linky (top-middle of page):

http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/content/spo...007waccamp.html

One of the most impressive recruits was wide receiver Kendall Wright from Pittsburg, who has backed off an early commitment that he gave to Texas A&M in March.

Wright created the biggest buzz by making phenomenal catches look routine. On one of his last, he outleaped a cornerback to make an acrobatic catch just before falling to the ground face-first.

“That’s just me,” said Wright, who’s rated the 39th-best receiver in the nation and No. 32 player in the state by rivals.com.

The 5-11, 163-pound Wright is one of the premier athletes in the state. He was a first-team all-state pick in basketball, averaging 31 points and eight rebounds per game, and won state titles in both the long jump (24-4) and triple jump (48-0).

He has offers from Baylor, Houston, A&M, Nebraska and Oklahoma State and keeping his options open.

“I’m still looking around,” he said. “I’m looking for a school that passes a lot ... and who will let me play basketball.”

Since Wright already has a Baylor offer in hand, he said he came to the camp “just to have some fun.”