Husker Wiki is now up

Hey guys. I don't know if you saw it or not, but I posted a thread awhile back talking about my plans to start a wiki themed around all things Husker sports, and today that has become a reality. Husker Wiki is now in business, and can be located at http://husker.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

This is NOT an advertisement, but rather a call to arms. Anybody can edit a wiki, and I highly encourage you all to do so, because together we can make the best Husker information resource on the web, a one-stop site! [/cheesy line]

One last thing; I JUST got access to this, so don't be alarmed by the initial lameness of it, there will be a ton of edits to come. Oh, and if you have any really neat ideas pm them to me or else post about them on the forum in the wiki. Thanks so much guys!!!

Bump Bump

I've been pretty busy lately, but I've managed to start the first 'real' content page:

http://husker.wikia.com/wiki/Individual_Sc..._%28Football%29

It's not finished, but let me know what you think of the start.

Also, I am still desperately looking for staff members, people to help with content, and neat ideas to implement into the wiki!

can we get this thing pinned so it stays on top...........

i would volunteer to help you but i have a hard enough time figuring out how to turn this computer on, let alone editing a wiki

i am not that bad but not very computer savy

but what you got looks good so far, and remember that it is a work in progress

can we get this thing pinned so it stays on top...........

i would volunteer to help you but i have a hard enough time figuring out how to turn this computer on, let alone editing a wiki

i am not that bad but not very computer savy

but what you got looks good so far, and remember that it is a work in progress

Thanks for the pin. Also, if you are serious about wanting to help, editing a wiki can be the easiest thing in the world. I don't care if it's all text, because it's still something. It's not uncommon for 10 different people to all contribute to single articles, someone will provide the groundwork, someone else might add some images and formatting, someone else a table, etc. etc.

This goes out to anyone, if you have ANYTHING to offer that is related to Husker sports, I don't care if it is pretty or 100% accurate, put it on guys! That's how wikis survive, people put what they know, and other people add to it.

This is totally off subject but I just wanted to note that the likely hood on someone beating Jammal Lord's single season quarterback rushing record is slim to none. It will probably never be broken unless Callahan decides to pick up a good Dual Threat QB. Hey, maybe Blaine Gabbert will have a shot at it someday!

Also, in regards to the page about "The Drive", I think it should be about the game winning drive against Mizzou in '97, not about our win last year against A&M. One was to secure a Big 12 north title, the other saved our National Championship.

Maybe I will add a disambiguation page, but I have never heard anyone refer to '97 as 'The Drive', only 'The Catch' that happened at the end of it. You should have posted this on the discussion page for the article :)

I was unsure, thanks for pointing it out. I will get around to it as soon as possible, I'm extremely busy with offline stuff at the moment, and I've decided that until people start showing interest I am not going to devote all my time to the wiki just yet.