Big 12 Media Days

he may be able to come close to taking out one weapon, but who covers the other 2 or 3? There is a reason why KU had the dead worst pass defense last year.

:yeah One guy is not going to win the game for KU... even if he plays both ways.

KU's secondary will be much improved from last year. 3 new starters opposite of Talib. be on the lookout for FS Darrel Stuckey, a Kansas City product that is expected to start from the get go. Talib says he is the best athlete on the team. The opposite cover corner is a juco kid from Butler County. He looked good in the spring game. He has good body control and is alot qicker than Webb was a year ago.

KU's defense will be alot better this year. I don't see Nebraska blowin us out anytime soon. I know you Husker fans think you'll be better, but I also think KU will be better.

One thing i've noticed after visiting the boards of you guys, MU, KSU and my own KU boards is that everyone is saying the same thing about their team. "This is the year we get over the hump" "This is the year we take the North".

We'll just wait and see. But don't think your leaps and bounds better than KU cause basically outside of Cornish the same damn team is back that took you guys into Overtime in Lincoln.

:cheers

Well spoken....but you only brag that your defense is better than last season. Our TEAM as a whole is much better than last season and will continue to get better as we recruit 4 and 5 star prospects. KU is just not recognized for having strong recruiting and for that.....they will always be "alright" But I just don't see them being a threat to win the North this season....sorry for being honest! :hmmph

I think the KU offense will stay about the same, if not get better. One thing that has hurt KU is the Quarterback play. We can't keep them healthy. Mangino has started 8 different QB's since during 5 years at Kansas. We just can't get a break. This is the first year that we really feel that we have two capable QB's that can play in Kerry Meir and Todd Reesing. If Meir can stay healthy, look out. The guy has talent. He can hurt you with his arm and with his legs.

And our leading receiver is back, Dexton Fields, 45 catch's for 456 yds. He caught 8 passes for 108 yds and a score against Nebraska.....just thought I would throw that in. Also our senior Tight End Derek Fine is back and I see him making hugs strides this season. And I love Hereford. He is a 6'3 220 pound receiver that is the second fastest on the team behind Jake Sharp. Look for Marcus Hereford to have a break out year at Wide receiver and kick returner.

Our offensive line is lookin realy good as well. Leading the way is All Big 12 selection Anthony Collins. At 6'6, 330 pounds, he will be blocking for Meirs blind side at Left Tackle. The other tackle is 6'7 286 lbs Caesar Rodriguez. A four year starter and is very dependable. He is making the move from Left tackle to right. Than we add Left guard Chet Hartley, a 6'4 315 lbs, he was heavily recruited from Butler County by Bobby Bowden, but his late home visit didn't pay. We're happy to add him to our line and see it as a big upgrade.

So to say the least we're excited about our offense to and we know we have gotten better. The problem is alot of fans are too busy just assuming we won't be that great, but you can't deny what Mangino is doing. I understand NU gets more 4 and 5 star recruits, but that can't always be a measuring stick. Anthony Webb was a 4 star recruit out of Texas and he started as a True Freshman for us last season on the opposite side of Talib. This year he lost his job to a 3 star guy from Butler County kendrick Harper.

Stars are never the best method of how good they will be. (See Kyle Wright, QB for Miami for further reference). He was the #2 ranked QB in the country behind Chis Leak. Wright has done nothing at Miami and is about to lose his job to a 4 star QB.

P.S- Aqib Talib was a 2 star recruit. Enough said.

But hey, what do I know? :dunno

Ok, so I stand corrected :worship .....there are a few diamonds in the rough! But you still can't possibly think you have a chance against us with all the talent we have. Even in upcoming years! Looking @ rivals.com I see that Kansas picked up only 1 4-star recruit in DB Ryan Murphy followed by 13 3-stars. Nebraska on the other hand picked up a whopping 10 4-star recruits and 16 3-star. You will get a hint if you try to pass up the middle this year as Larry Asante loves to lay the lumber to players. Kansas will have to have 3 or 4 years of awsome recruiting to even enter the same talent bracket as Nebraska. Your team is probably rated w/ an overall C+ while Nebraska is an A- at the least. So that being said, good luck beating Baylor this year! I can't stand how USC gets 5 of the top 10 recruits every dang year though! And I know that how many stars recruits have does not always prove how good they are....they could definately poop out when they play college ball. This is also why I think we will pull of the upset when SC comes to town! :restore

he may be able to come close to taking out one weapon, but who covers the other 2 or 3? There is a reason why KU had the dead worst pass defense last year.

:yeah One guy is not going to win the game for KU... even if he plays both ways.

KU's secondary will be much improved from last year. 3 new starters opposite of Talib. be on the lookout for FS Darrel Stuckey, a Kansas City product that is expected to start from the get go. Talib says he is the best athlete on the team. The opposite cover corner is a juco kid from Butler County. He looked good in the spring game. He has good body control and is alot qicker than Webb was a year ago.

KU's defense will be alot better this year. I don't see Nebraska blowin us out anytime soon. I know you Husker fans think you'll be better, but I also think KU will be better.

One thing i've noticed after visiting the boards of you guys, MU, KSU and my own KU boards is that everyone is saying the same thing about their team. "This is the year we get over the hump" "This is the year we take the North".

We'll just wait and see. But don't think your leaps and bounds better than KU cause basically outside of Cornish the same damn team is back that took you guys into Overtime in Lincoln.

I've been trying to figure this one out....how is their defense going to better with 3 new, inexperienced DB's. I'm sorry, but DB's usually don't step right in and have a major impact, although anything is an improvement over Webb.

I've been trying to figure this one out....how is their defense going to better with 3 new, inexperienced DB's. I'm sorry, but DB's usually don't step right in and have a major impact, although anything is an improvement over Webb.

I hear what your sayin OP Husker. Good post. Darrel Stuckey started the last 5 games of the year at Free Safety and he was never 100%. He is a RS Sophomore this year. He does have some experience. Now the other two I hear what you're saying. But they were both highly touted 3 star Juco recruits that have proven that they can get the job done against D-1 talent. last time I checked the KS juco's are still producing some good football players, and I see these guys making an impact from the get go. I mean, we can't be worse than last year against the past. We were 117 in the country!! We can only go up from there.

Yeah Talib is really good, and although KU's schedule is ludicrously easy this year, their schedule is harder than Ohio St.'s. Neither team should be able to justify schedules like that- they ruin college football.

Both KU and NU should be better this year, but NU is still the superior team. What happened at KU 2 years ago is still fresh in Callahan's head I'm sure and although KU will have a home field advantage, Callahan will really have an axe to grind.

I would say KU 10 NU 21.

It looks like Kansas has some pretty high expectations this year!.... :sarcasm

I just pulled this off ESPN:

"Kansas athletic director Lew Perkins said Mangino has done what they've asked him to do thus far, but another 6-6 campaign would not cut it this year. "This is the second full class he's recruited," Perkins said. "I think the way the schedule is set up, our hopes are in that seven-eight [win] range. Am I going to be disappointed if we're less than that? Yeah."

THE athletic director only expects 7 or 8 wins out of them! WHAT FAITH HE HAS!!!!!!

Yea, whats he gonna do when Purify brings it on his ass and out performs him......they will probably end up switching spots so he does not have to face MO! It will not be a close game this year. Nebraska will win by 21 points!

You forgot Cornish is gone.............we will win by 28.

Let me get this straight..... skersOVR said 21 point Husker win and huskernation is down for a 28 point Husker win. It looks like the last years game that went to Overtime in Lincoln didn't really wake a few fans up. I said last year that the game would be close fought to the end, and it was. This year will be the same. I think it could go either way.

And don't worry about the loss of the best "System back" ever John Cornish and his blasing 4.65 40 speed. He was a great north south runner, no doubt, but there is a reason he is playing in the CFL now.

Jake Sharp and company will do just fine replacing him. I'll go ahead and save your predictions like last year so I can come back and have a good laugh, just like last year. Thanks for playing.

:lol:

How exactly did you have a good laugh? Ya still lost last year.

I am going to be a little more conservative in my prediction and say a 7-10 victory for the Huskers.