Is BC working on killing off the sell out streak?

It was still a sell out but some people didnt make it to the game or at least didnt show up to the game in fear of another train reck.

Ok so Nebraska beats Baylor, The whiping boy of the big 12... What does this do? It gives false hope in the WCO, Dailey threw the ball well but the O still doesnt look to be moving the ball all that well. I know what your going to say he passing for 300+ yards that isnt movingthe ball?

Alot of the passes were for huge gains, and you cant count on that to happen all the time, I still have not been at all impressed with the wco... I still have little to no faith in the coaching staff, Coach C makes no adjustments after half time, and his team looks like crap in the 3rd and 4th...

On the other side of the ball the transition should have been smooth with the likes of the talent Nebraska has on D but, the coaching on D is patheric playing prevent, 3 man rushes ect. basically waiting the opposition to win the game.

The Atlanta Falcons moved to the wco, with one of the best QBs in the NFL *M.Vick* and he is having a horrable year? This tells me that if a great QB like Vick has issues with it, who is Nebraska going to get that will be able to run this train reck of a system?

For those who say that Nebraskas option system is one demensionable, I think that you might need to rethink what you post, the triple option is anything but one demensionable, hence the name.

Dump the WCO as its not going to work, stop protecting a Coach who was fired by the Oakland Raiders and start looking at what you have just the facts nothing else.

On the O

One of the best running back stables we have had in many years.

(How are they used? they block alot and occasionally run up the middle or off tackle)

QB Dailey has shown that he can throw the ball, but to the wrong team...

He can throw, if the dbacks are not very good.

On the other side of the ball.

This use to be Nebraskas Bread and butter, punishing D...

Nebraska has all the talent in the world on D, no need to rebuild or get players in here so thats not going to work sorry.

Three man rush = You get NO penetration on the QB and he picks you appart.

Prevent Defense = Preventing your self from winning

:smokin

blah. Those seats have been sold for years and will continue to be. Luckily, a lot of fans don't get caught up in politics and go to a game to watch a team play football. They will continue to do that.

As far as your other comments. I don't even know where to start. First, you are selling your own team short as far as progress. You refuse to acknowledge any progress, which to the naked eye is pretty much hard to see.

This kind of thing has never happened here at NU, thus I can understand some fans being blinded by their own hate of change.

You are unwilling to accept anything else but your beloved option (which, yes is more or less one dimensional. The dimensions don't come in on the individual plays, its a scheme. The idea that the triple options isn't one dimensional because there are three option is ludicrous.)

This system is here to stay for at least a couple years. Like it or not.

Comparisons to the NFL are all but useless. As has been discussed in numberous threads many many teams run a variation of this same offense. Green Bay has done it for years.

Not the Oakland thing again. Have you ever read anything about what happened there? I am not going to go through it again. Here's a link for some more info. http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.ph...findpost&p=6114

Defense. So should we throw the kitchen sink at 'em on every play? Tell us, oh defensive mastermind! :)

We do NOT have all the talent in the world on D. Our two best LB's left last year. Fabian is getting beat like a red headed step child. Bo Ruud, (i know he's young and will learn) got burned on a couple plays yesterday. Where has Josh Bullocks been all year?

Our d-backs are short compared to the better receivers in the Big 12. So as far as us being absolutely loaded on talent on the D, I am not buying it.

Fabian said himself at the press conference after the game that they just weren't in it mentally in the third quarter. Many times the coaches would call two coverages, depending on what formation the offense came out in. The captains then proceeded to call the wrong defense. Obviously there is work to be done there.

I am not convinced the coaching is sub-par on the defense. Much like the offense, the defensive system in place is a bit different than Pelini's. Many people over look that.

Lastly some food for thought. These defensive players, along with the offense, are playing for their third coordinator in three years.

blah. Those seats have been sold for years and will continue to be. Luckily, a lot of fans don't get caught up in politics and go to a game to watch a team play football. They will continue to do that.

As far as your other comments. I don't even know where to start. First, you are selling your own team short as far as progress. You refuse to acknowledge any progress, which to the naked eye is pretty much hard to see.

This kind of thing has never happened here at NU, thus I can understand some fans being blinded by their own hate of change.

You are unwilling to accept anything else but your beloved option (which, yes is more or less one dimensional. The dimensions don't come in on the individual plays, its a scheme. The idea that the triple options isn't one dimensional because there are three option is ludicrous.)

Comparisons to the NFL are all but useless. As has been discussed in numberous threads many many teams run a variation of this same offense. Green Bay has done it for years.

Not the Oakland thing again. Have you ever read anything about what happened there? I am not going to go through it again. Here's a link for some more info. http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.ph...findpost&p=6114

Defense. So should we throw the kitchen sink at 'em on every play? Tell us, oh defensive mastermind! :)

We do NOT have all the talent in the world on D. Our two best LB's left last year. Fabian is getting beat like a red headed step child. Bo Ruud, (i know he's young and will learn) got burned on a couple plays yesterday. Where has Josh Bullocks been all year?

Our d-backs are short compared to the better receivers in the Big 12. So as far as us being absolutely loaded on talent on the D, I am not buying it.

Fabian said himself at the press conference after the game that they just weren't in it mentally in the third quarter. Many times the coaches would call two coverages, depending on what formation the offense came out in. The captains then proceeded to call the wrong defense. Obviously there is work to be done there.

I am not convinced the coaching is sub-par on the defense. Much like the offense, the defensive system in place is a bit different than Pelini's. Many people over look that.

Lastly some food for thought. These defensive players, along with the offense, are playing for their third coordinator in three years.

Thats why there will always be a sell out because it's not who shows up, which it should be imo, its how many tickets sold. There could be one person in audience and still be sell out. STupid.

Thats why there will always be a sell out because it's not who shows up, which it should be imo, its how many tickets sold. There could be one person in audience and still be sell out. STupid.

Exactly my point. Thanks. :wacko:

In case you missed it :

blah. Those seats have been sold for years and will continue to be.

Exactly my point. Thanks. :wacko:

In case you missed it :

blah. Those seats have been sold for years and will continue to be.

I know that was your point and I was confirming it and saying how stupid it is.

How is it stupid? The original post was trying to insinuate that BC is going to kill the sell out streak. I was saying there is no way, they will sell all the tickets like they have been.

Are you trying to say that people will buy the tickets still and then simply not show up?

How is it stupid? The original post was trying to insinuate that BC is going to kill the sell out streak. I was saying there is no way, they will sell all the tickets like they have been.

Are you trying to say that people will buy the tickets still and then simply not show up?

No, I'm not saying they will do that. I'm saying that could happen and there could be 10 fans in the stands and it would count for a sell out which isn't right. Boosters will always by the tickets no matter how bad it would get.

No, I'm not saying they will do that. I'm saying that could happen and there could be 10 fans in the stands and it would count for a sell out which isn't right. Boosters will always by the tickets no matter how bad it would get.

Brotha B, you are contradictin yourself. you are saying that we will stil havea sellout, but mayb only have 10 in the stands, but then you say you are NOT saying that poelple will just buy them and not go? :wacko: ayy this thread is hurtin bobbies head.

You aren't the only one, Bob. Around and around we go.

even if all the tickets are paid for, if the people start skipping games then it is a sad day for nebraska.... Nebraska fans have alot to do with how well nebraska plays....

As for what as change I dont mind change as long as it is for the best, or if its not broken dont fix it. :smokin

Whatever....all and all a pretty good gameday atmoshere. Better than average I would say. The crowd cheered, the Huskers won big and I had fun at the game.

Good atmoshere for the recruits as well.

Yea, I read that people were chanting Lucky's name for a while :)

Brotha B, you are contradictin yourself. you are saying that we will stil havea sellout, but mayb only have 10 in the stands, but then you say you are NOT saying that poelple will just buy them and not go? :wacko: ayy this thread is hurtin bobbies head.

I am saying that their could only be 10 in the stands and it would be considered a sell out still because the tickets are sold. I didn't say that will happen or I think that would happen, I said I think the sellout thing is stupid for the reason above.