WR Brandon LaFell

Player: Brandon LaFell

Hometown: Houston, TX

Position: WR

Height: 6’1”-6’3”

Weight: 170-180

40 time: 4.5

Visit Date: 11/26/04

Scholarships offered: Over 10 including: Florida, Nebraska, Arizona, Colorado, LSU, Missouri, Utah

Favorites: Nebraska, Florida, LSU

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: #30/***

Insiders: NR/***

Assessing the talent: Pretty solid wideout. His jumping ability is what sticks out to you on video. Looks to be a little tentative when going over the middle. He’ll need to get bigger and stronger to play D-1.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 25% He looks more and more like a long shot. As the season has gone on he has garnered more and more attention. Thus he has recieved more offeres pushing Nebraska's more into the back. Florida is now making a strong push for him. The only way the Huskers get him is if the other teams pull their offers because they have filled their spots up.

• 1 month later...

Looks like were gonna have to wait. He rated his visit a 9 - read from insiders.com

One thing didn’t quite hit the mark, however, but it was one where La Fell conceded. He just felt there wasn't a whole lot going on. Not enough of a social life. Basically if you like football and school, it's a good fit. If you want to go out, this isn' the place.

Although he liked most other parts of his visit, especially the fans.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the nsight OK. Well if it comes to down to MU and us, I'm not too concerned about losing him on the strength of Columbia's nightlife, which is lower grade than Lincoln's IMO.

So I'm assuming Texas never offered him them?????

IMO, opinion this kid has to get his crap together. I'm afraid of this kids work ethic. I think, he thinks he's better than he really is. Could be another David horne in the making.

Tom Lemming, recruiting guru @ ESPN, has this guy at the #5 kid in the nation and also Boateng as #11. If we get these 2 guys, WOW!

On a side note, read on ESPN that Texas, who has QB Ryan Perriloux (ranked 1 or 2 at most places) also has the inside track for #1 TE Martellus Bennett and #1 WR Fred Rouse. We have the #4 QB and #4 RB committed, just need to add receivers, and could get the #5 and #11 receivers. Very interesting matchup in a couple years when these guys are at the top of their games!

• 2 weeks later...

thought i would get the free stuff while i can ( looks like grade problems? )

Brandon La Fell Profile

Texas wide receiver Brandon La Fell (6-3, 170, 4.5, Scout.com's #30 WR, 4 stars) now denies a leader and favors Florida (no offer), South Carolina, Oklahoma State (11/14 unofficial trip), Nebraska (11/26 official trip), Missouri (11/5) and Miami (no offer).

"Florida, South Carolina, and Miami have really been coming at me lately, so I've really started to look at them," says La Fell, from Houston Lamar.

"Florida is about to offer--the coaches there feel real good about me. I like coach (Urban) Meyer. If he brings the same offense to Florida that he had with Utah, the Gators are going to be real good. There's just as many good athletes at Florida than there are at Utah.

"They've got a good quarterback there so I'd have no problem getting the ball. I mean you get it regardless if you come to that program ready to play.

"South Carolina seems like a real good situation to me. I don't know what his name is, but they've got the best wide receiver there that's going to enter into the NFL draft. I think he's only a junior.

"And coach (Steve) Spurrier is going to throw the ball regardless. They're stacked at quarterback and running back, but they need wide receivers.

"Oklahoma State did really good this year without their best quarterback, Bobby Reid on the field. If I were to go there I'd play with Bobby for at least another three years.

"I'd have a good chance at playing early and competing for a starting job there. And they're not far from home which is good.

"Miami is just Miami. They're always getting players into the NFL. It's like training for the NFL draft if you go there. One of the coaches there told me they're only recruiting one wide receiver. That's not a problem for me because playing time and competition don't matter.

"If you ain't hungry for it at Miami you might as well just stay home. And my friend, Reginald Youngblood (offensive tackle), is going there, and I think they're going to get Martellus Bennett (tight end). All three of us have hung out from middle school until now."

La Fell says his last two visits will come down between Florida, Miami, South Carolina and Oklahoma State. He already used up a trip on Arizona (9/25).

Final SR (8-4) stats: 46 catches/1,116 yds/16 TDs; 70+ tackles/8 INT-4 TDs/2 PR TDs

2.9/720 SAT--retest unset/Dec 10 ACT unreported

• 2 weeks later...

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 25% He looks more and more like a long shot. As the season has gone on he has garnered more and more attention. Thus he has recieved more offeres pushing Nebraska's more into the back. Florida is now making a strong push for him. The only way the Huskers get him is if the other teams pull their offers because they have filled their spots up.