FS Calvin Mickens

Player: Calvin Mickens

Hometown: Beaumont, TX

Position: FS

Height: 6’2”

Weight: 187-195

40 time: 4.47

Visit Date: 10/15/04

Scholarships offered: Over 6 including: Arizona, Washington St., Auburn, Tulsa, UTEP, and Nebraska

Favorites: Nebraska, Oklahoma St.

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: NR/***

Insiders: NR/**

Assessing the talent: Has always favored the defensive side of the ball. Not super fast, but an eye for the ball. His good friend Wallace Franklin is already committed with him. This was the first time Ozen HS. Ever had Husker coaches visit and recruit anyone from their school. He makes a ton and tackles and has the ability to return kicks, punts, and INT’s for touchdowns.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 25% He seems pretty satisfied with his choice. He has a teammate going to the same school, so I think that makes it harder to back out. Not so fast my friend. Well at the midnight hour Mickens appears to have backed out of his "non-binding" agreement to play for the Huskers. He will be a Cowboy.

• 3 months later...

Great post. Nice content.

To clarify, Mikens has apparently decided to take a official to Oklahoma State. I can't find a reason as to why. I will post when I find out more information.

edit:

He is still commited to the Huskers along with Wallace Franklin, his buddy. All indications point that Frankline will sign with NU on Wednesday. The only reason I can find is that they have been recruiting them both heavily and Mickens wanted to take a visit.

Great post. Nice content.

To clarify, Mikens has apparently decided to take a official to Oklahoma State. I can't find a reason as to why. I will post when I find out more information.

Are you saying it was a bad post? I just wrote what I knew. I didn't know about okie state at the time.

Apperantly franklin his teammate might be alil upset about him taking this visit.

This is the only thing that worries me about recruiting at this point in the recruiting season for the 'skers. To me Mickens and Franklin are the ones that i worry me the most. This sounds kinda stupid, because their not really the most highly rated players in this class. Although something gives me the feeling that their the most under-rated players in this class. But any way what i'm trying to get at is that i haven't read any articles about these two guys lately or basically since they verballed. This makes me wonder if they feel like their not getting as much attention as some of the other players in our class, and i especially mean Mickens. I mean the guys like beck, dilliard, and lucky deserve all the attention they get but i also wonder if some of the two and three star rated players feel like their getting over looked a little bit. This is just my opinion on possibly why Mickens is take visits to another school. Heck i could be totally wrong about this too.

The reports say that Mikens is now a Cowboy. Reasons being that it is closer to home mainly. Does this effect Wallace Franklin at all? Franklin has said he will sign with the Huskers on Wednesday. Apparently there is a Juco DB in Lincoln this weekend.

The reports say that Mikens is now a Cowboy. Reasons being that it is closer to home mainly. Does this effect Wallace Franklin at all? Franklin has said he will sign with the Huskers on Wednesday. Apparently there is a Juco DB in Lincoln this weekend.

Yes I've got those same rumors. Lots of talk. Well this is the way the recruiting game goes. Good Luck Calvin, beat OU.