Not all players warm up

Benard

Bottom line is, it's a WARM-UP. The players who will be playing (or have a good chance of playing) in the game, should be warming up.. There is absolutely no reason for any other players to warm up, except for their parents to say "Oooh there's my boy out there", pointless. Let them work heard and earn their position in the depth chart.. then the parents have someting to "Ooooh, and Aaah" about.

As for players not being in to it on the sidelines, I've never really paid attention to how the players were behaving on the sidelines. They probably are just not going to be that excited until we see the WCO paying off, but if it's a result of them not being able to warm up, or not getting enough attention at practice.. they need to grow up and work harder and prove themselves.

Anyway, all just my humble opinions.

I disagree. Everyone is part of this team, everyone should be warming up, you never know when you could go in. Besides who wants to sit in a locker room for an hour with pads on and nothing to do. It's bad team chemistry and bad chemistry in general.

Bottom line is, it's a WARM-UP.  The players who will be playing (or have a good chance of playing) in the game, should be warming up.. There is absolutely no reason for any other players to warm up, except for their parents to say "Oooh there's my boy out there", pointless.  Let them work heard and earn their position in the depth chart.. then the parents have someting to "Ooooh, and Aaah" about.

As for players not being in to it on the sidelines, I've never really paid attention to how the players were behaving on the sidelines.  They probably are just not going to be that excited until we see the WCO paying off, but if it's a result of them not being able to warm up, or not getting enough attention at practice.. they need to grow up and work harder and prove themselves.

Anyway, all just my humble opinions.

I disagree. Everyone is part of this team, everyone should be warming up, you never know when you could go in. Besides who wants to sit in a locker room for an hour with pads on and nothing to do. It's bad team chemistry and bad chemistry in general.

They probally will not go in until the second half and they all get to warm up at halftime. Plus, they don't sit around the locker room for an hour with pads on. Im sure they don't start putting them on until about 30 minutes before the game. As far as chemistry is concerned, I find it hard to believe that complaining about warming up is going to help chemistry that much either.

On the number of players on the field during pre-game warm-ups:

"What we really wanted to focus in on was trying to get the players who are going to play in the game warmed up and get them heated up so they can perform. We want them to have the necessary time to get prepared for the game. In that capacity, you’re only working with a 50-yard field, and there are a lot of bodies on the field, and we want to get the players warmed up. We seemingly run out of room because of the nature of what we do. We need a little bit more room, so we’ve asked the guys to comply to not bring everybody on. In the past, from what I understand, a lot of those players were in the stands. I’ve elected to suit everybody up for the game, and deservingly so because of their efforts during the course of the week. The only thing we ask in the pre-game is that we have a little more room for our starters to get warmed up."

I'm pretty sure everyone suited up before with the previous coaches. One of my friends who is 3rd string kicker doesn't suit up some of the time, Bill lies as far as i'm concerned. He's just like his boss. You have more than 50 yards. It's 50 yards to the endzone, you get to use the endzone aswell so atleast 60 to 65 yards. I dunno, I think it's pretty crappy.

"What we really wanted to focus in on was trying to get the players who are going to play in the game warmed up and get them heated up so they can perform. We want them to have the necessary time to get prepared for the game. In that capacity, you’re only working with a 50-yard field, and there are a lot of bodies on the field, and we want to get the players warmed up. We seemingly run out of room because of the nature of what we do. We need a little bit more room, so we’ve asked the guys to comply to not bring everybody on. In the past, from what I understand, a lot of those players were in the stands. I’ve elected to suit everybody up for the game, and deservingly so because of their efforts during the course of the week. The only thing we ask in the pre-game is that we have a little more room for our starters to get warmed up."

I'm pretty sure everyone suited up before with the previous coaches. One of my friends who is 3rd string kicker doesn't suit up some of the time, Bill lies as far as i'm concerned. He's just like his boss. You have more than 50 yards. It's 50 yards to the endzone, you get to use the endzone aswell so atleast 60 to 65 yards. I dunno, I think it's pretty crappy.

Maybe everyone suited up for Solich but they did it a little differently to warm up. They had the linebackers go out early along with the running backs and warmed up way early and then the starters and second string would stay out there and the rest would go back in to the locker room when the rest of the team would take the field. I really don't think that 10 yards is going to make that big of a difference in giving everyone room to warm up. There just is not the room for having over 100 people out there and have them all doing things.

Maybe everyone suited up for Solich but they did it a little differently to warm up. They had the linebackers go out early along with the running backs and warmed up way early and then the starters and second string would stay out there and the rest would go back in to the locker room when the rest of the team would take the field. I really don't think that 10 yards is going to make that big of a difference in giving everyone room to warm up. There just is not the room for having over 100 people out there and have them all doing things.

I thought thats why bill cut 30 walk ons so that more people would get reps and there would be more room not so 50 more guys can sit in a locker room.

I thought thats why bill cut 30 walk ons so that more people would get reps and there would be more room not so 50 more guys can sit in a locker room.

He wanted them to get the reps on the PRACTICE FIELD, not to warm up before the game.

One thing I don't get is he suits up all the redshirts, I think this is stupid. That would create alil less players on the fields. It's ridiculous gamecocks that these players don't get to warm up.

Most coaches don't suit up the red shirts. I Don't know what he is doing with them but by this time of the season, one would think that he knows who he is redshirting and who is playing.

It makes sense to me that in an offense with more of an emphasis on passing, that you would need a bit more room for your starters... who knows, i might be totally wrong.

Like I said earlier, why even suit them up? You know their not going to play because they don't even get to warm up.

It makes sense to me that in an offense with more of an emphasis on passing, that you would need a bit more room for your starters... who knows, i might be totally wrong.

Like I said earlier, why even suit them up? You know their not going to play because they don't even get to warm up.

You know they're not going to play how? What if injuries hit the same position through two deep? All of a sudden, a third-stringer is in there.

If the response to that is that Callahan should then run all players through the warm-ups, that makes no sense, for a number of reasons:

1. While it could happen, the odds are generally low - but since it could happen, he needs those players suited up. You're playing the percentages.

2. Assuming it does happen, it will most likely happen far enough into the game that any benefit of warming-up will have been lost in terms of actually "loosing-up".

3. As for "warming-up" in the sense of getting those players a few reps and familiarity with the plays, your best hope of getting those players in the game in the first place is to put the game out of reach as early as you can. To do that, you need the starters to get most if not all those reps.

4. Given that NU is struggling in comparison to years past, a coach who wants to win now would want to get his starters the most reps and the most prepared to give the team the best chance to win.

You know they're not going to play how? What if injuries hit the same position through two deep? All of a sudden, a third-stringer is in there.

If the response to that is that Callahan should then run all players through the warm-ups, that makes no sense, for a number of reasons:

1. While it could happen, the odds are generally low - but since it could happen, he needs those players suited up. You're playing the percentages.

2. Assuming it does happen, it will most likely happen far enough into the game that any benefit of warming-up will have been lost in terms of actually "loosing-up".

3. As for "warming-up" in the sense of getting those players a few reps and familiarity with the plays, your best hope of getting those players in the game in the first place is to put the game out of reach as early as you can. To do that, you need the starters to get most if not all those reps.

4. Given that NU is struggling in comparison to years past, a coach who wants to win now would want to get his starters the most reps and the most prepared to give the team the best chance to win.

you said it yourself, who knows if a couple injuries happen and your forced into the fire. Guess what, then you got to go in and your not even loose or warmed up, chances are you won't be game ready and the chances of you getting hurt are twice as much.

read this on HI and thought it was good.

You are asking guys to give 100% in the weight room and on the practice field and then take away one of the small carrots they have of warming up in front of 1000's of fans. In the past families and friends of those lower tier players would travel across the state and show up early just to see their son or grandson on the field getting ready with the other players.

Also, they would come to a Baylor game hoping for a few snaps for their kid--snaps that would be remembered for a long time. Evidently, those days are gone and the NFL mentality of keeping your 1st and 2nd teamers on the field to the bitter end is in vogue.

All tradition is gone at nebraska. Isn't it great. :(