Thur prac report: injury update

Callahan also commented on the status of safety Josh Bulllocks, who suffered an injury during Wednesday’s workout. Although the junior captain’s status is still uncertain, the coach would not rule him out of Saturday’s game.

"It’s still tentative," Callahan said. "I spoke with Josh this afternoon and got the report this morning from (head trainer Doak Ostergard). From all appearances, he might be able to go. I don’t ever rule out a player if he doesn’t practice. I learned that in professional football. I’ve had so many great players that instinctively could play. Josh is capable, and if we have clearance we’ll utilize him."

In other injury news, I-back Cory Ross returned to practice on Thursday. Callahan said he believed Ross would be ready to play against the Wildcats.

"He got back on the field and did well," Callahan said. "Seemingly, he handled what we asked him to do, and we’ll increase his rep and volume tomorrow before we take off. I believe he’ll be ready to go."

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SP...00&ATCLID=79713