Tyler Peterson

Benard

He isn't even ranked on rivals100.com

He is listed as a two star recruit.

He can't run the 40 in under 5 seconds.

Enough said.

At the beginning of the year lemming had him rated under his Offensive tackles. I don't think running a 40 yard dash in under 5 seconds is all the important for an olineman. How many olineman run 40 yards in a game?

Yes, it is always nice to keep the in-state prospects in state but I don't think that he is all that good just looking at the teams that are going after him. I know that doesn't mean much but the big programs probally have found some flaw in his game that doesn't fit well in there system.

I wouldn't call the teams that bad. Wisconsin is pretty salty this year, kansas played right with us, guessing iowa state will to. I dunno, atleast we could have recruited him hard for a walk on. We didn't even show any interest.

One major point in all of this is that fact that not one of those "other" schools offered a scholarship.

For all we know, Tyler himself gave rivals.com a list of schools that simply sent some mail. Letters mean absolutly nothing in recruiting.

Wake Forest is the only one who offered so he took it.

I have seen this kid before and he isn't worth much. The kid from Southeast, Zach something, was much better than him. Nebraska is on the verge of getting some top notch talent. OT's that are very athletic and pro style potential. Southeast passes the ball 5 times a game. Even if he were any good, it would take a couple years to get him on track. With these potential "5 star players" coming in it would be a complete waste to offer this kid. NU needs help now, not three years while we wait for him to "develop"

One major point in all of this is that fact that not one of those "other" schools offered a scholarship.

For all we know, Tyler himself gave rivals.com a list of schools that simply sent some mail. Letters mean absolutly nothing in recruiting.

Wake Forest is the only one who offered so he took it.

I have seen this kid before and he isn't worth much. The kid from Southeast, Zach something, was much better than him. Nebraska is on the verge of getting some top notch talent. OT's that are very athletic and pro style potential. Southeast passes the ball 5 times a game. Even if he were any good, it would take a couple years to get him on track. With these potential "5 star players" coming in it would be a complete waste to offer this kid. NU needs help now, not three years while we wait for him to "develop"

my point was just proven by you. I don't necessarily think we should have offered him a scholie, I haven't seen him play. His size looks good. I just don't understand why not pursue him hard as a walk on and tell him if he proves himself he can get a scholie. I'm sure them other schools wanted him to do that if you say they didn't offer.