Pro v College

Redout

Very likely.  Of course, some college coaches take a similar approach - Tommy Tuberville at Auburn is one that come innediately to mind.  These type of coaches feel that the teams are better off not being ruled by emotion - when the emotion "goes", the team heads south.  They'd rather have them playing consistently.

Not to say that's a good way to do it - just that some do it that way.

Then you have coaches that cant make it in the NFL or College( callahan )

BS. I guess winning a Super Bowl doesn't count? Yea, I know what you are going to say about that so just save it. That's the thing about some of you. You would rather bitch about anything and everything instead of talking actual football.

I know this thread ended a while ago...but I thought you'd like to know that Callahan never actually won the Super Bowl. He got there once, but got creamed because he couldn't adjust to what the Tampa Bay defense was doing to him. Sound familiar?

My bad.

But no it doesn't sound familar. He doesn't coach the defense here. I am sure the Tampa Bay defense that year would appreciate you taking their credit away from them.

I love how people think you can make magical "adjustments" and make everything hunky dory again. Like there is some magic playbook that can only be used in the second half. I guess it's a side affect of not knowing you are looking from the outside in.

DaveH its amazing how your able to change things into your favor with out really making any points, do you have nothing better to do or no oppinion of your own but just like bagging on other peoples??? and the fact that you open your mouth with out knowing anything is rather funny really

No, he doesn't coach the defense, but he did bring in a moron to screw that up for him. Any coach worth anything knows if your primary gameplan isn't working, you take what the defense gives you. People like you always complain that Solich couldn't do that. Well, hold Callahan to the same standard. I know he's changed to go almost 50-50 run-pass...but why does he keep going back to the same old busted pass plays in critical situations when he knows that the running game is on? If he would actually give the run a shot for an extended period of time, it might open up his precious WCO a little more. Those are the adjustments I speak of.

Hey Utah did you ever complain when Frankie kept running the same old BUSTED option every other down? What option right. When the defense puts 9 freakin people in the box don't you think you should pass the ball. Any coach worth anything knows if your primary gameplan isn't working, you take what the defense gives you. People LIKE you gave Frankie boy slack why don't you allow Callahan any? If he would of actually give the passing game a shot, it might of opened up his precious Option a little more. Does the name Craig Bohl ring a bell? Moron given the Defense to screw everything up.

OK hold retard err Callahan to the same standard!!!!!!!

You said Solich just ran all the time with the same old busted run when they had 8-9 in the box well Callahan passes when they have 3 in the box herm interesting isnt it.

Very likely.  Of course, some college coaches take a similar approach - Tommy Tuberville at Auburn is one that come innediately to mind.  These type of coaches feel that the teams are better off not being ruled by emotion - when the emotion "goes", the team heads south.  They'd rather have them playing consistently.

Not to say that's a good way to do it - just that some do it that way.

Then you have coaches that cant make it in the NFL or College( callahan )

BS. I guess winning a Super Bowl doesn't count? Yea, I know what you are going to say about that so just save it. That's the thing about some of you. You would rather bitch about anything and everything instead of talking actual football.

I know this thread ended a while ago...but I thought you'd like to know that Callahan never actually won the Super Bowl. He got there once, but got creamed because he couldn't adjust to what the Tampa Bay defense was doing to him. Sound familiar?

My bad.

But no it doesn't sound familar. He doesn't coach the defense here. I am sure the Tampa Bay defense that year would appreciate you taking their credit away from them.

I love how people think you can make magical "adjustments" and make everything hunky dory again. Like there is some magic playbook that can only be used in the second half. I guess it's a side affect of not knowing you are looking from the outside in.

DaveH its amazing how your able to change things into your favor with out really making any points, do you have nothing better to do or no oppinion of your own but just like bagging on other peoples??? and the fact that you open your mouth with out knowing anything is rather funny really

This coming from the guy who has provided absolutely no insight into anything inparticular.

It's part of debating. You go after each others points.

You said Solich just ran all the time with the same old busted run when they had 8-9 in the box well Callahan passes when they have 3 in the box herm interesting isnt it.

Solich did the same thing for 6 years.

Callahan, while installing a new style of play which you constantly deny, has done it for 9 games. Have you been to any games? Have you payed enough attention to try to analyze exactly what is going on or do you just look at the box scores at the end of the day. That's what I thought.

I sense the frustration with Callahan and all, but a new system takes time. Frank's system was like Windows 98, very reliable, but everyone knew the code and was hacking it like crazy.

Callahan is better suited to the college game, but getting the WCO to work with a bunch of I-formation recruits is overly impossible. Now that time, a seson (on the field and in the recruiting field) has almost past, we shall be able to see the direction our beloved program is heading. Not with points and wins or losses, but through the caliber of athlete we attract.

Things are looking very positive right now, and Callahan seems to have the patience with college men that's needed. He certainly blew up and off the overrated baby men of the Raiders last year as that program self destructed under his guidance.

Can the WCO be played successfully? Yes, with the correct personnel. Look at Mike Vick, one heckuva QB, but the WCO has been a style that he has yet learned to adjust to. Other QBs physical and mental talents are more suited to the WCO, and we have made that discovery this season.

By the way, last time I checked the U was still a college, not in the NFL.

Callahan will thrive at NU and you can say you read it here, today, first. Mark my words.

agree. but you have to figure this mus suck for the current kids. eveyrones talkin bout the future and not really giving any of them a chance or a thought for that matter. a mess for them.

I sense the frustration with Callahan and all, but a new system takes time.  Frank's system was like Windows 98, very reliable, but everyone knew the code and was hacking it like crazy.

Callahan is better suited to the college game, but getting the WCO to work with a bunch of I-formation recruits is overly impossible.  Now that  time, a seson (on the field and in the recruiting field) has almost past, we shall be able to see the direction our beloved program is heading.  Not with points and wins or losses, but through the caliber of athlete we attract. 

Things are looking very positive right now, and Callahan seems to have the patience with college men that's needed.  He certainly blew up and off the overrated baby men of the Raiders last year as that program self destructed under his guidance. 

Can the WCO be played successfully?  Yes, with the correct personnel.  Look at Mike Vick, one heckuva QB, but the WCO has been a style that he has yet learned to adjust to.  Other QBs physical and mental talents are more suited to the WCO, and we have made that discovery this season.

Callahan will thrive at NU and you can say you read it here, today, first.  Mark my words.

agree. but you have to figure this mus suck for the current kids. eveyrones talkin bout the future and not really giving any of them a chance or a thought for that matter. a mess for them.

Yea, I can't disagree with that.

Callahan, while installing a new style of play which you constantly deny, has done it for 9 games. Have you been to any games? Have you payed enough attention to try to analyze exactly what is going on or do you just look at the box scores at the end of the day. That's what I thought.

yeah we were just terrible with solich. WE lost one game one year, were in a title game another year, were 10-3 last year. If his plays were so bad then why did we do so well.

yeah we were just terrible with solich. WE lost one game one year, were in a title game another year, were 10-3 last year. If his plays were so bad then why did we do so well.

Two words Eric Crouch.

Two words Eric Crouch.

we didn't have eric crouch last year.

Two words Eric Crouch.

What good team did they actually beat? OSU because of scheduling.

Two words Eric Crouch.

osu, colorado was playing good at the end last year, michigan state. what were there record be this year? hell they wouldn't have a loss yet.

Two words Eric Crouch.

What good teams have we beat this year? I don't think any. What good teams have we lost to? Probably just Oklahoma.

Just a little perspective. Solich's record against reanked teams was 11-13. He lost to unranked teams 6 times. Osbourne's record against ranked teams his first 6 seasons was 15-10. He also lost to unranked teams 6 times and tied unranked teams twice. I don't think that is that big of a difference.

And just for fun, so far Callahan's record against ranked teams is 0-1 and he has lost to unranked teams a whopping 4 times in his first season. :clap

• 8 months later...
I sense the frustration with Callahan and all, but a new system takes time. Frank's system was like Windows 98, very reliable, but everyone knew the code and was hacking it like crazy.

Callahan is better suited to the college game, but getting the WCO to work with a bunch of I-formation recruits is overly impossible. Now that time, a seson (on the field and in the recruiting field) has almost past, we shall be able to see the direction our beloved program is heading. Not with points and wins or losses, but through the caliber of athlete we attract.

Things are looking very positive right now, and Callahan seems to have the patience with college men that's needed. He certainly blew up and off the overrated baby men of the Raiders last year as that program self destructed under his guidance.

Can the WCO be played successfully? Yes, with the correct personnel. Look at Mike Vick, one heckuva QB, but the WCO has been a style that he has yet learned to adjust to. Other QBs physical and mental talents are more suited to the WCO, and we have made that discovery this season.

Callahan will thrive at NU and you can say you read it here, today, first. Mark my words.

Perfect..

Frank's system was like Windows 98, very reliable, but everyone knew the code and was hacking it like crazy.

I guess you could compare Franks's system to Windows 98, but the words reliable and Windows 98 should never be placed in the same zip code as each other. ;) What is there to hack, really? :)