Trev's take on the Mizzou game

Trev Alberts, a former Nebraska All-America outside linebacker, is in his third season as an ESPN college football analyst. The 34-year-old Iowa native provides analysis on the Huskers before each week's game.

Alberts said he took note of Nebraska linebacker Chad Sievers' comments earlier this week. Sievers said he's tired of hearing about the Huskers' Big 12 North title chances, and that NU players are "frustrated and mad" and just need a win.

"I can tell by Sievers' comments that it's a team at the end of its rope, and there's a sort of freedom in an attitude like that. I truly believe it's a really good sign. I believe they'll play loose. Those players need to say, ‘You know what, this is our team, and we're just going to go have fun and play.'

"I fully expect Nebraska to play well, just because of its attitude. You have to remember that college football is about passion and emotion more than anything else. And that kind of attitude is particularly important on defense. Nothing is more important on defense than having 11 guys flying to the football and giving it all up.

"I want every one of those players to know I believe in their talent. I believe Nebraska has more talent than Missouri on both sides of the ball, more talent from top to bottom.

"I think Nebraska wins by two touchdowns. I think it'll be the Huskers' best game to date simply because they want to just go out there and play."

— Steven M. Sipple

Link