It could be worse

Husker B

We could all be Notre Dame fans. Put this into perspective.

We played well for most of the 1st half. We showed we can hang with them. If either fumble on special teams comes to us, we most likely go into halftime ahead. Come on now, we're coming into Big 12 play as a very strong team, and the rest of the season should be excellent.

Put this behind us and push on towards the fun part of the season.

B)-->

QUOTE(Husker B @ Sep 15 2007, 11:55 PM) 214324[/snapback]

We could all be Notre Dame fans. Put this into perspective.

We played well for most of the 1st half. We showed we can hang with them. If either fumble on special teams comes to us, we most likely go into halftime ahead. Come on now, we're coming into Big 12 play as a very strong team, and the rest of the season should be excellent.

Put this behind us and push on towards the fun part of the season.

But what does it matter if we play really well just to get creamed by Oklahoma and SC and LSU? This "day by day" mantra is real and a part of the game, but I'm getting damn tired of waiting for this "signature win." With Texas stinking it up in the South, our only real shot is going to come maybe in the Big XII champ game––which looks hopeless after tonight. We're Nebraska, not Mizzery or KSUcks or sCUm. We want National Championships. When, anyone, do you think we can seriously contemplate these? Because SC is just kicking ass, man, on and off the field.

Notre Dame's game was embarrassing. I caught a bit of it on TV. Their fifth year senior center could not snap the ball. Their snaps were going off wild. What a world of hurt those Irish fans - and a loyal bunch they are - must be in right now.

I wonder how the Texas game will shake down. Both teams have a long way to go until then, and we get the Longhorns on the road. Will we improve our road play? Right now, I say we're the better team. We need to find more consistency, more rhythm...

...and, oh, right...can't forget this minor point: start tackling.

The perspective is that we had holes big enough a Semi could go through without the threat of hitting anyone. Until they can figure out how to remendy that problem everyone watching tape of the last two games are going to licking thier chops. This is the same crap that happened to us in 2001 and going to carry over to any team that has a decent RB and O-line.

People were saying this same sh#t during the '80s with Osborne. Are you guys seriously saying it would be meaningless to be 11-1 going into the Big XII championship game???

Not meaningless, just unlikely..and even if we were 11-1, we'd still be ~3TD underdogs and have trouble even covering that.

Was it "meaningful" for you when we got embarrassed by the 2 scum's in 2001 as our only two losses that season?(scUM and sCUm)..I doubt any of us wants to yell, "We're number 4!!!..We're number 4!!!..We're number 4 !! " at the end of the year.

B)-->

QUOTE(Husker B @ Sep 16 2007, 12:16 AM) 214400[/snapback]

So how many more teams are we going to play that has an OL and 6 RBs like USC?

I don't know..Probably wouldn't take a team with near that good of a line..and one Average back could tear it up with holes (1/2) that big...I'm hoping it was just a bad night, but the potential's there for a few more losses..Even in the b-12.

I'm afraid there's a big difference in playing in the SuperBowl/MNC/Conference Championship..and WINNING it...'Specially if it's a blowout.