We never had a shot-My take from North Stadium

If there's one guy who's opinion I value, it's Eric.

First of all, I got now joy out of how lopsided the victory was. I don't like to see my buddies lose like that. I got no thrill seeing that score run up the way it did.

I thought if we played well we would score in the 30's but not this! I also knew we could lose. I also know anything can happen. Anything did happen. Some were expecting the "anything" to be an upset, but the "anything" was a blowout.

Two main points I want to make:

1. Matthew Zemer of CollegeFootballNews.Com said, "Nothing Callahan was going to do would change the ultimate outcome"

2. The talent level at SC is extremely high.

Two weeks ago two former defensive players from the 03' and 04' USC NC teams spent the weekend at my house. These guys have four NC rings between them, and they said they were amazed at this year's talent. They said it was better depth than when they were there.I have said all year this SC team was loaded. Now do you believe me? I also mentioned our conditioning was better and I was almost laughed off the board. Now do you believe me?

Remember how Michael Jordan made jump shots look easy. Then you realized it looked easy because he was that good. Well, this SC team is going to make a lot of good teams look good. Nebraska is not as bad as this game made you look.

Remember your Outland Award winning nose guard Glover? He could blow up a offensive line single handedly. Well, Cedric Ellis is that kind of guy also. He didn't play against you last year he was hurt. Your O-line wasn't that bad, the D-line you faced was that the good. The two interceptions were caused by defensive end Kyle Moore, the only person on the defense that didn't start last year.

Keller played much better against us this year than in 05' and your O-line protected him better than ASU's did in 05' even though our Defense is better this year than in 05'. I thought Keller played better than Booty, and Booty didn't have people in his face all night.

Your defensive backs played much better also. Grixby was not the same. Much improved. Our WRs stunk. Dropped passes all night. Some of that was good coverage from you Huskers.

Your D-line collapsed and your linebackers disappeared. Thats where the game was lost on your side of the ball. But, keep in mind you had to replace your entire D-line and our O-line is better than last year even with the loss of Ryan Kalil. This was a huge mismatch!

And yes we got every lucky bounce of the football. We could have lost three fumbles.

GBR next week, I can now pull for you 100% now this game is over.

Great observations and classy post, thanks for not blowing up the board. USC talent level is far superior than our current roster. There is so much more stength and speed on your side, good luck the rest of the season.