after sleeping on it

1. this game changed significantly on 3 things.....1st that lucky fumble they recovered on the KO,the long injury time out right after and the inability of NU's staff to keep the boys focused through that time period.

2. After USC's first touchdown it looked like guys were starting to settle down and it showed after 10 unanswered points it started to become obvious that the game would need to be a shootout when the events in point one took place because it seemed like the D was and did take the rest of the night off. But for some reason every possesion started with a marlon lucky run up the gut for 2 yards or less. It look like a curl up and die offense after USC took the lead...Their 1st stringers showed zero ability to stop swift,purify and nunn and the fact that cally didn't use more glenn to run the ball and castille didn't get a sniff (wtf) these things baffle me. NU may not have won this game but it should never have looked like this and anyone who is happy that they scored in junktime against their 3rd teamers to make it "respectable" should get their head checked.

3. This NU team is loaded with talent on both sides of the ball I truly feel that the coaching staff doesn't have a clue let me retract that coz is horrible I was having flashbacks of chris brown (you guys remember him, he was the one who destroyed the blackshirt mystique and it has never recovered). Cally shows signs here and there but then figures out a way of mucking it up (curl up and die offense).

4.When an enemy walks into your house and leaves smiling because they humiliated you it is gut check time, and don't give me the boys made it respectable please that is just lame. I am not saying it should have been a win but at the end of a game the USC should have felt lucky to get out with a win not that the game was over at halftime and deep inyour hearts you know it was when NU didnt at least get a shot at a FG and not 1 bomb to the endzone isn't that why keller is here? To me the white flag went up at that point and I can only believe cally has no confidence.

5. I am not saying fire cally because NU has a pud who must see something in him the rest of us don't but when I have suckeye neighbors asking me why does this guy get a contract extentsionwhen he hasn't beaten anyone I just throw my hands up and say beats the sh#t outta me. I believe if anyone of us had 4 years at a new job without producing anything significant to the company's growth we would getting canned not extensions. I love this team and always will but is it out of bounds from what we have seen in recent years to say we shouldn't expect to see at best Big North titles and not a whole hell of a lot more? Because if it's true then I can deal with that and won't get my hopes up every year.

2. After USC's first touchdown it looked like guys were starting to settle down and it showed after 10 unanswered points it started to become obvious that the game would need to be a shootout when the events in point one took place because it seemed like the D was and did take the rest of the night off. But for some reason every possesion started with a marlon lucky run up the gut for 2 yards or less. It look like a curl up and die offense after USC took the lead...Their 1st stringers showed zero ability to stop swift,purify and nunn and the fact that cally didn't use more glenn to run the ball and castille didn't get a sniff (wtf) these things baffle me. NU may not have won this game but it should never have looked like this and anyone who is happy that they scored in junktime against their 3rd teamers to make it "respectable" should get their head checked.

5. I am not saying fire cally because NU has a pud who must see something in him the rest of us don't but when I have suckeye neighbors asking me why does this guy get a contract extentsionwhen he hasn't beaten anyone I just throw my hands up and say beats the sh#t outta me. I believe if anyone of us had 4 years at a new job without producing anything significant to the company's growth we would getting canned not extensions. I love this team and always will but is it out of bounds from what we have seen in recent years to say we shouldn't expect to see at best Big North titles and not a whole hell of a lot more? Because if it's true then I can deal with that and won't get my hopes up every year.

Although a bit jarbled, you have successfully read my mind in #2 and #5.

By the way, it's probably been mentioned somewhere here already, but has anyone else figured out how a bruised larynx requires 15 minutes on your back?

1. this game changed significantly on 3 things.....1st that lucky fumble they recovered on the KO,the long injury time out right after and the inability of NU's staff to keep the boys focused through that time period.

3. This NU team is loaded with talent on both sides of the ball I truly feel that the coaching staff doesn't have a clue let me retract that coz is horrible I was having flashbacks of chris brown (you guys remember him, he was the one who destroyed the blackshirt mystique and it has never recovered). Cally shows signs here and there but then figures out a way of mucking it up (curl up and die offense).

4.When an enemy walks into your house and leaves smiling because they humiliated you it is gut check time, and don't give me the boys made it respectable please that is just lame. I am not saying it should have been a win but at the end of a game the USC should have felt lucky to get out with a win not that the game was over at halftime and deep inyour hearts you know it was when NU didnt at least get a shot at a FG and not 1 bomb to the endzone isn't that why keller is here? To me the white flag went up at that point and I can only believe cally has no confidence.

What I'm wondering is how the AD got a Extension other then that it's the chancellor and the ad stuck at the hip. You had to know once Pederson got an extension that Callahans would be coming right after. (What has done to help NU athletics since he's been here?) Don't try to bring up the new facilities cause that most likely was going to happen whomever was going to be the AD and probably would have been paid for already if it wasn't for Petey.

Face it until Nu gets rid of Pederson Callahan is not going anywhere. Pederson would have to admit he was wrong.

Does callahan lose money if he doesn't run lucky up the middle atleast once a drive? I mean i think callahan is good at bringing in the talent but when is he going to do something with it. I mean does anyone else understand why we don't run the 2 minute offense everytime we start a drive? Short , quick passes and we can move 95 yards in a minute in a half and score. What is wrong with the west coast offense...when are we going to use it consistantly? I mean im no football coach, but you would think when running up the middle gets you 0-2 yards everytime to try something else. :hellloooo

Although a bit jarbled, you have successfully read my mind in #2 and #5.

By the way, it's probably been mentioned somewhere here already, but has anyone else figured out how a bruised larynx requires 15 minutes on your back?

Any neck injury in any situation at all requires that all medical attention is carried out very carefully and deliberately. For one, i hear that they thought the larynx was crushed, but if they thought that his neck was injured in any way, they would take time getting his helmet off after making sure he had sensation. Putting someone with a neck injury in a stretcher, hastily standing him up, or removing his helmet could exacerbate the injury further also causing paralysis. I don't think anyone wants to take a player who has sensation but also has a neck injury and then destroy his life by "helping" him. Anything remotely near the spine is going to get a lot of attention.

If you want to see what it's like, have someone chop you in the larynx hard enough to bruise it (and make others think it collapsed) and see how long you're down.

Any neck injury in any situation at all requires that all medical attention is carried out very carefully and deliberately. For one, i hear that they thought the larynx was crushed, but if they thought that his neck was injured in any way, they would take time getting his helmet off after making sure he had sensation. Putting someone with a neck injury in a stretcher, hastily standing him up, or removing his helmet could exacerbate the injury further also causing paralysis. I don't think anyone wants to take a player who has sensation but also has a neck injury and then destroy his life by "helping" him. Anything remotely near the spine is going to get a lot of attention.

If you want to see what it's like, have someone chop you in the larynx hard enough to bruise it (and make others think it collapsed) and see how long you're down.

That's why I asked the question. Because I didn't know this.

I think I'll pass on the Jackass-esque recreation.

That's why I asked the question. Because I didn't know this.

I think I'll pass on the Jackass-esque recreation.

Hehe :lol: Department of Parks and Jackass-esque Recreation:

"Guess what we're doing today boys and girls..." <loads pebbles into paintball gun>