Why no Castille???

foote_21

I know Glenn was back, but Castille goes from getting close to 30-40% of the carries against Nevada and getting decent time against Wake Forest to no carries? Doesn't it seem like every year we see a player who gets to play and play well in a few games and then all of a sudden no time? Don't you think that messes with an 18 year olds head???

I know Glenn was back, but Castille goes from getting close to 30-40% of the carries against Nevada and getting decent time against Wake Forest to no carries? Doesn't it seem like every year we see a player who gets to play and play well in a few games and then all of a sudden no time? Don't you think that messes with an 18 year olds head???

He did get to hurt someone FWIW.

That means nothing to me... I have never been able to understand how we have guys that go from lots of playing time to none.

I am shocked with how we get some of these big time recruits, name the last freshmen in the Callahan era who actaully got a shot as a true freshman. And I am not talking about special teams, I mean a significant role on the offense or defense.

Guys like Thenarse and Holt won't see significant time until next year, who wants to go somewhere when they won't get a shot to play until they're a junior.

That means nothing to me... I have never been able to understand how we have guys that go from lots of playing time to none.

I am shocked with how we get some of these big time recruits, name the last freshmen in the Callahan era who actaully got a shot as a true freshman. And I am not talking about special teams, I mean a significant role on the offense or defense.

Guys like Thenarse and Holt won't see significant time until next year, who wants to go somewhere when they won't get a shot to play until they're a junior.

I totally agree. We watched a freshman center of SC totally dominate NU's tackles last night. Apparently it can be done; however, given the dusty, conservative philosophy of NU football, we would have kept that same player on the sideline for the next two years.

The O-line and the D-line last night were clearly inept. We would have nothing to lose to put in new talent.

im not so sure i would want a true-freshman to be thrown in the mix as our primary back against the #1 ranked team in the nation..

I never said I wanted him as the primary back... I just said how does he go from getting quite a few carries... to zero. And even when we are dominating teams... we had freshman starting on both sides, to truely build depth you have to get these kids on the field on offense and defense, not just special teams

If your going to play the three backs rotate them throughout the game dammit!!!! The kid is a beast and it's obvious to me after last night that Lucky goes down if he's breathed on wrong!!! I was happy to see Glenn in there again and show me that he does deserve to be there. He is a decent back, but I have heard that Castille is a f'ing beast in practice and the kid is definately the future of Nebraska. Give him a shot because Lucky has no freakin work ethic at all!!!!