Joe Dailey Play Calling???

foote_21

For anyone who was at the game did you notice Keller was running to the sideline to get the plays... something Joe Dailey had to do. What do you think was up with this. I was at the Nevada game and I don't think this went on, and I don't think I saw it against Wake Forest. Only thing I can think of is Callahan was worried USC would be stealing our play calls???

exactly or cally wanted to be sure he could tweek the plays as the game progressed.

Speaking of tweaks... I know we have certain sets, but don't you think sometimes we should "tweak" our sets so that Purify is in the formation on a passing situation instead of Peterson, Erickson, and Nunn

For anyone who was at the game did you notice Keller was running to the sideline to get the plays... something Joe Dailey had to do. What do you think was up with this. I was at the Nevada game and I don't think this went on, and I don't think I saw it against Wake Forest. Only thing I can think of is Callahan was worried USC would be stealing our play calls???

Two points:

1. Zac Taylor did the same thing in his first year with the Huskers - by the second year, Zac was taking the signals without having to run to the sidelines. I suspect it has to do with the terminology being so complex - it's a way to be sure that the play call is communicated correctly. In addition, it has been noted that the actual call is simply a number - Keller then refers to that number on list he has on his wristband to make the actual call. For those reasons, I doubt that it has anything to do with concern over someone stealing the calls.

2. It happened in both the Wake and Nevada games as well.

Two points:

1. Zac Taylor did the same thing in his first year with the Huskers - by the second year, Zac was taking the signals without having to run to the sidelines. I suspect it has to do with the terminology being so complex - it's a way to be sure that the play call is communicated correctly. In addition, it has been noted that the actual call is simply a number - Keller then refers to that number on list he has on his wristband to make the actual call. For those reasons, I doubt that it has anything to do with concern over someone stealing the calls.

2. It happened in both the Wake and Nevada games as well.

I was at the Nevada game and unless Keller was near the sideline they signaled in the plays. Last night he was running to the sidline nearly every play.