Anyone watch Sports Soundoff?

foote_21

If you watched you would have heard Dr. Rob say that he talked to I believe Eric Stokes who he said is a college talent scout for the Seahawks. He stated that while USC has a great college defense, you don't see many of them become great NFL players, really the last one I can think of off the top of my head it Troy Polamalu of the Steelers. Anyways back to the point, Dr. Rob made it sound like that Stokes said that the talent gap isn't the big between our defenses... but simply USC is better prepared and are better coached then our kids. It's one thing for us to say things like this, but when it's coming from a pro scout it has to hold some merrit.

eh, there are also players who say the exact opposite.

In the end, they simply fans like us with different perspectives. Sure they played, but I would hope they'd be the first to tell you that they can't tell you how things have changed, what the attitude inside the team is like, etc etc. Stuff they were privy to as a player.

If you watched you would have heard Dr. Rob say that he talked to I believe Eric Stokes who he said is a college talent scout for the Seahawks. He stated that while USC has a great college defense, you don't see many of them become great NFL players, really the last one I can think of off the top of my head it Troy Polamalu of the Steelers. Anyways back to the point, Dr. Rob made it sound like that Stokes said that the talent gap isn't the big between our defenses... but simply USC is better prepared and are better coached then our kids. It's one thing for us to say things like this, but when it's coming from a pro it has to hold some merrit.

Why? Talent scouts are wrong all the time, just liike recruiting analysts..........talking heads.

If you watched you would have heard Dr. Rob say that he talked to I believe Eric Stokes who he said is a college talent scout for the Seahawks. He stated that while USC has a great college defense, you don't see many of them become great NFL players, really the last one I can think of off the top of my head it Troy Polamalu of the Steelers. Anyways back to the point, Dr. Rob made it sound like that Stokes said that the talent gap isn't the big between our defenses... but simply USC is better prepared and are better coached then our kids. It's one thing for us to say things like this, but when it's coming from a pro it has to hold some merrit.

Or perhaps merit. There is maybe 5 players on Nebraska's defense that would even sniff the field in 4 years at USC(Turner, Suh, Dillard, Octavien, Bowman). Dr. Rob talks out of his backside a lot.

I think you guys are missing the point... this isn't Rob's opinion... this was information he was passing on from and NFL talent scout. And I haven't seen anyone argue with that point that they don't produce NFL defensive players left and right???? Miami was a great defense that produced NFL players year in and year out... the scout is saying USC has talent but their talent is even better because of their preperation and in game coaching.

Why? Talent scouts are wrong all the time, just liike recruiting analysts..........talking heads.

There is a big difference between recruiting analysts and pro scouts. Pro scouts are employeed by NFL teams that help make decisions that can make or break a draft. They analyze talent on totally different levels.... it's not like teams just visit rivals and recruit kids without evaluating the player themselves.