Kudos to Lincoln from MU visitor

kbosch74

A buddy of mine and I made the trek to Lincoln from St Louis for the first time this weekend. Obviously, we're both MU alum and had our concerns about possible treatment in Lincoln. Jeez, was that unfounded. Your town rocks, your bar scene excellent, and the people...we literally didn't have 1 person say anything negative. Quite the opposite. Very welcoming. And Sidetracks? Could there be a more fun place to drink at 7am???

Anyway, you may or may not usually hear nice things about Lincoln from visitors, but I felt it was warranted.

See you next time. Hell, we''ll probably be back for some random home game next year!

:horns2:cheers:horns2:cheers:horns2:cheers:horns2:cheers:horns2

Thats great to hear man, thanks for sharing your experience. I think many people (even Husker fans) take the whole experience of gameday in Lincoln for granted - but once you see the "other side" you realize how special it is. After moving to KC a few yrs ago, Ive gotten a new appreciation for everything Lincoln is, from my experiences at other schools which were less than welcoming - especially during Husker losses.

Im not saying every Husker fan is perfect - far from it - but I think the majority are great people which it sounds like youve realized. Also Im glad to hear you were still able to get your "moneys worth" out of the trip even tho your team came up short. You deserve some respect as well for putting a not so good day on the field behind you and just enjoying life. Many fans cant seem to do this, so props to you. And youbetcha Sidetracks is the real deal - has to be one of the best college gameday experiences in the nation - for home and away fans - Joyce is an American treasure. Im sure they played your fight song, and maybe you even got to sing it on stage. :wasted

Well take it ez, and feel free to stop by the board every now and then to share your thoughts on any subject - and let us know when youre taking that next trip to Lincoln NE and maybe you can meet up with some of us bastards for a pint or two. Cheers. :cheers

A buddy of mine and I made the trek to Lincoln from St Louis for the first time this weekend. Obviously, we're both MU alum and had our concerns about possible treatment in Lincoln. Jeez, was that unfounded. Your town rocks, your bar scene excellent, and the people...we literally didn't have 1 person say anything negative. Quite the opposite. Very welcoming. And Sidetracks? Could there be a more fun place to drink at 7am???

Anyway, you may or may not usually hear nice things about Lincoln from visitors, but I felt it was warranted.

See you next time. Hell, we''ll probably be back for some random home game next year!

:horns2:cheers:horns2:cheers:horns2:cheers:horns2:cheers:horns2

Glad you had a good time. NU's fans have a pretty good reputation with fans of other teams. I'm glad to see that it's still the case. Nebraskans are generally pretty hospitable, so feel free to come back to the state any time.

:horns2