Defense

TrojanAlum

No problem, just wanted to let you know I am not here to flame. In fact, I will be on a business trip and will be able to attend the Missouri Nebraska game. I just got tickets for the north grass hill has anyone ever sat in these seats? If you are planning on going to the game, I would get your tickets now before you are forced to buy them from scalpers...

http://ev9.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/S...r=&appCode=

Apparently the academic standards aren't real high to get into USC? I've coached junior high kids and they are brighter than USC's captains. If the opposing team wins the coin toss and chooses to defer, just wtf were they thinking kicking the ball? I realize their D is good, but so is their offense. They just lost a possession right off the bat.

Sorry, this was about all I got out of the article.

Apparently the academic standards aren't real high to get into USC? I've coached junior high kids and they are brighter than USC's captains. If the opposing team wins the coin toss and chooses to defer, just wtf were they thinking kicking the ball? I realize their D is good, but so is their offense. They just lost a possession right off the bat.

Sorry, this was about all I got out of the article.

Actually, they were all confused about the call as well. Pete C told them to do it and apologized for it afterwards.

That was one of the strangest calls I have ever seen, if the game was closer, it could have really hurt us. Also what was the deal with the disconcerting penalty...

We found this definition for the disconcerting penalty on Rey Maualuga that set up Nebraska's touchdown.

``Use of disconcerting acts or words prior to the snap to interfere with (opposing player's) signals or movements.''

UPDATED: Here's the official rule: ``No player shall use words or signals that disconcert opponents when they are preparing to put the ball in play. No player may call defensive signals that simulate the sound or cadence of (or otherwise interfere with) offensive starting signals. An official shall sound his whistle immediately.''

That was one of the strangest calls I have ever seen, if the game was closer, it could have really hurt us. Also what was the deal with the disconcerting penalty...

We found this definition for the disconcerting penalty on Rey Maualuga that set up Nebraska's touchdown.

``Use of disconcerting acts or words prior to the snap to interfere with (opposing player's) signals or movements.''

UPDATED: Here's the official rule: ``No player shall use words or signals that disconcert opponents when they are preparing to put the ball in play. No player may call defensive signals that simulate the sound or cadence of (or otherwise interfere with) offensive starting signals. An official shall sound his whistle immediately.''

I've never seen that called, either. There were two Trojan fans in front of me and, upon learning of the penalty, I leaned forward and thanked them for the gift.