Mixed Feelings About Saturday...

I'm not sure whether to be excited or bummed. Instead of enjoying the NU-MU game on my 60 inch HD television, I will be in Waco watching the Baylor-Colorado game. Yes, I will be wearing all my Big Red gear. It sucks that I have to miss the NU game, but I'm excited a.) to see CU get put back into their place and b.) to see my first Baylor game of the year. I've only missed 4 home games since I was 5 years old, so I'm looking forward to finally getting back down to Floyd Casey Stadium. I'm still not convinced that CU is a good team. I think Baylor should win this game, but we'll see how it goes. You never know with good ol' BU.

So with that...I just wanted to make sure that this isn't a betrayal of all Huskerdom. It's not worth going to Husker-hell over...

;)

I'm not sure whether to be excited or bummed. Instead of enjoying the NU-MU game on my 60 inch HD television, I will be in Waco watching the Baylor-Colorado game. Yes, I will be wearing all my Big Red gear. It sucks that I have to miss the NU game, but I'm excited a.) to see CU get put back into their place and b.) to see my first Baylor game of the year. I've only missed 4 home games since I was 5 years old, so I'm looking forward to finally getting back down to Floyd Casey Stadium. I'm still not convinced that CU is a good team. I think Baylor should win this game, but we'll see how it goes. You never know with good ol' BU.

So with that...I just wanted to make sure that this isn't a betrayal of all Huskerdom. It's not worth going to Husker-hell over...

;)

Got to keep that tradition going at Baylor. Hope the Bears win. Your butt may be in Texas, but we know your heart is in Nebraska.

I don't know where "Husker-hell" is, but I think it's anytime you get caught in the crossfire of the Solich/Callahan crowds. :)

;)

Got to keep that tradition going at Baylor. Hope the Bears win. Your butt may be in Texas, but we know your heart is in Nebraska.

I don't know where "Husker-hell" is, but I think it's anytime you get caught in the crossfire of the Solich/Callahan crowds. :)

LOL

;)

ROFL! You are correct, sir lol. I love BU, but There Is No Place Like Nebraska. :)

;)

well good luck, but i think CU beats Baylor pretty handily. i though Baylor might show some real improvement this year, but so far I've seen little to get excited about if you are a Bear fan.

good luck anyway, i would love to see you guys beat CU!

;)

Hey Texas -

Where are all your favorite spots to catch a game, eat, party in Waco? I'm down there on business frequently and unless I settle for a 'chain' I haven't found a good local hang out. I often settle for Bush's Chicken and take it back to the hotel to watch TV. Docks on the River is about the best I've found so far.

;)

Hey Texas -

Where are all your favorite spots to catch a game, eat, party in Waco? I'm down there on business frequently and unless I settle for a 'chain' I haven't found a good local hang out. I often settle for Bush's Chicken and take it back to the hotel to watch TV. Docks on the River is about the best I've found so far.

You're out of luck now! Dock's just closed in. I was in Waco last week as well and my Grandparents told me that Dock's had just closed. They're putting something else in it's place, but it's not coming to me right now. I don't think it's anything "exclusive". The popular spot is George's if you want to grab a burger or a beer. They have very good food and it's all really cheap. This is a Baylor watch spot. They have a huge tent across from Floyd Casey where they serve beer and burgers all afternoon on gamedays. If you'd like some EXCELLENT Tex-Mex (especially fajitas) head down to Ninfa's on 3rd Street. Not sure where you usually stay, but it's right by where the Hilton is just off of the Baylor campus. The Elite Circle Grille is pretty good if you're okay to spend a few bucks. The chicken fried steak is great. Buzzard Billy's right on University Parks Dr. by the suspension bridge is great for cajun food.

Some other cool things that aren't really party or food related to do in Waco...Check out the Texas Sports Hall Of Fame. It's right on the Baylor campus across from the Holy Parking Lot (Baylor put steeples on a parking garage...I know). If you go a bit further down University Parks Drive you can see Waco’s Historic Suspension Bridge. It was the longest single-span suspension bridge west of the Mississippi when it was completed in 1870. The Dr. Pepper Museum on 5th Street is always impressive. Dr. Pepper was invented in Waco, just in case ya didn't know haha. If you'd like to do a bit of walking, really, go check out the Baylor campus. It's one of the most beautiful, prestine campuses in the world. Old buildings and BU is so rich in tradition. It was started in 1845, the same year that Texas was annexed. Very interesting stuff.