for those of you that say we cant fire Coz now...

I'd be interested in you showing me a post where I defended tonight's performance. Well, I guess I did say the FG's and kickoffs were done well. Other than that, though, I don't think I've said anything in defense of our team's play tonight.

Apparently, I'm just upset that you're not on my p'd off bandwagon. You seem too nonchalant to have witnessed tonights massacre.

Perhaps I did mistake your screen name for another poster...just tell me this:

Do you think that coaching changes need to be made IMMEDIATELY?

The argument of, "Well this guy sucks, so let's just bring anyone and hope for the best," rarely works out. So once again, still waiting for someone to suggest a suitable mid-season replacement."

Man...I think you're missing the point. All those folks that you mocked, by paraphrasing 'oh, let's bring in anyone other than Coz' have a valid point.

That point being, it's not THEIR job to ensure that when one is fired that there is an adequate or better replacement. That's not OUR job. It's not YOUR job. And, if I've remembered anything from this fiasco...it apparently wasn't Steve Pederson's job, either.

That's what we pay/paid Steve Pederson and all the athletic directors before him to do. And we pay, might I add, Stevie a hefty salary.

If it were up to me, our team would already have been back to an option program with a Doritos logo on our helmets. That's why I'm not IN CHARGE.

I don't tolerate devil's-advocates.

Not now. Your devil's advocate viewpoint might have flown before last night, I don't think it holds any water after 41-6.

If there is one thing that Nebraskans should agree on...it's that changes need to be made.

In one of the previous posts on this thread someone mentioned a name as a replacement for Coz that I have also brought up in the past. Trev Alberts. Trev is a VERY smart guy. He is a loyal Nebraska guy. And he has insinuated that he would like to coach at Nebraska. Also, he might not be such a "player's coach" like Coz. I think he would demand that the Husker defense return to being REAL blackshirts, and I don't think he would settle for anything less. Just a thought.

The argument of, "Well this guy sucks, so let's just bring anyone and hope for the best," rarely works out. So once again, still waiting for someone to suggest a suitable mid-season replacement."

Man...I think you're missing the point. All those folks that you mocked by paraphrasing 'oh, let's bring in anyone other than Coz' have a valid point.

That point being, it's not THEIR job to ensure that when one is fired that there is an adequate or better replacement. That's not OUR job. It's not YOUR job.

That's what we pay/paid Steve Pederson and all the athletic directors before him to do. And we pay, might I add, Stevie a hefty salary.

If it were up to me, our team would already have been back to an option program with a Doritos logo on our helmets. That's why I'm not IN CHARGE.

Not now. Your devil's advocate viewpoint might have flown before last night, I don't think it holds any water after 41-6.

For one, it's not a devil's advocate viewpoint. Secondly, we pay people to bring in good coaches, yes, but it doesn't matter how much you pay someone to bring in good coaches when there is nobody to bring in mid-season. If we had someone I thought was suitable to bring in or promote, I'd be the first person screaming for Cosgrove to be gone tomorrow.

As I've already said, Wyatt is about the only person within the program I would consider possibly suitable. I've listed my concerns about why it still wouldn't be the best decision. I'm not going over them yet again when you can clearly read and should be able to see them for yourself.

In one of the previous posts on this thread someone mentioned a name as a replacement for Coz that I have also brought up in the past. Trev Alberts. Trev is a VERY smart guy. He is a loyal Nebraska guy. And he has insinuated that he would like to coach at Nebraska. Also, he might not be such a "player's coach" like Coz. I think he would demand that the Husker defense return to being REAL blackshirts, and I don't think he would settle for anything less. Just a thought.

It would be interesting to see what he could do.

Honestly, I don't think things can get much worse. That was my second, under-emphasized point.

Bring the coach from Lincoln Northeast/west/south/northstar, etc., I don't care. My point is, I'm not in the position to contact folks whom are in the position.

Pay me what Steve P makes, oh, I'll have contacts. I'd have many. It's his f'n job to have contacts. Especially after you consider the way he handled the firing of, uh-oh...I'm going to say his name -- Frank Solich.

Just look at the feasible names that have been dropped by the folks here at huskerboard!

Trev Alberts. Bo Pelini (I think he would come back with a little finesse, and with promise of a head-coaching position). Turner Gill. Jason Peter. George Bush. Eric Crouch. -- All people looking for something...perhaps Nebraska football is the answer?

*For the record, I'm also not in favor of changing coaches mid-season. It should be noted, however, that what I have witnessed has FORCED me into a different mindset.

Man...I think you're missing the point. All those folks that you mocked by paraphrasing 'oh, let's bring in anyone other than Coz' have a valid point.

That point being, it's not THEIR job to ensure that when one is fired that there is an adequate or better replacement. That's not OUR job. It's not YOUR job.

For one, it's not a devil's advocate viewpoint. Secondly, we pay people to bring in good coaches, yes, but it doesn't matter how much you pay someone to bring in good coaches when there is nobody to bring in mid-season. If we had someone I thought was suitable to bring in or promote, I'd be the first person screaming for Cosgrove to be gone tomorrow.

As I've already said, Wyatt is about the only person within the program I would consider possibly suitable. I've listed my concerns about why it still wouldn't be the best decision. I'm not going over them yet again when you can clearly read and should be able to see them for yourself.

Does that mentality also condone the type of performance we witnessed tonight, solely because we "can't find a replacement mid-season"?

Keep that up, and we're in for a long, redundant (Cosgrove-schemed) season.

Trev Alberts. Bo Pelini (I think he would come back with a little finesse, and with promise of a head-coaching position). Turner Gill. Jason Peter. George Bush. Eric Crouch. -- All people looking for something...perhaps Nebraska football is the answer?

There is still the problem of actually getting any of those people to come in mid-season.

Does that mentality also condone the type of performance we witnessed tonight, solely because we "can't find a replacement mid-season"?

Keep that up, and we're in for a long, redundant (Cosgrove-schemed) season.

No. I've also said if they promoted Wyatt now and kept Cosgrove around to finish up recruiting I'd be fine with it, though not convinced it was the best decision. Are you drunk?

There is still the problem of actually getting any of those people to come in mid-season.

Are you talking contract-wise?? People quit all the time when it's not convenient/appropriate. I will say this, I don't even want to know what the contract buyout for Cosgrove would be.

I really don't want to refer to Texas Tech's DC, Lyle Setencich. He resigned after a game similar to our Ball State, Defensive Coordinator-wise. I actually still wonder what was really going on there?

All I can say is, people quit...they get fired, resign.

They key is: always fire people with a replacement in hand.

Again, not my job. But I would like it to be.