for those of you that say we cant fire Coz now...

I'm still waiting for someone to suggest a suitable replacement in the middle of the season. There isn't any aspect of the defense that looks good, so who can you promote to the new DC?

How about John Blake?

John Blake is gone... he's on Butch Davis' staff at North Carolina.

Coz's D has allowed THREE 40+ games already. THAT'S HALF!

In-freaking-excusable.

So the basically, we need to hold onto to Cosgrove for recruiting purposes this year? How about trying to save our season, the thing we can actually control right now.

Recruits are a plenty out there, you can replace them anytime. Frankly, I am getting tired of the recruiting excuse, to be honest. I am more about on the field results now, screw the recruits.

Give me a coach right now who can produce on the field results, and those recruits will stick around. Moreso, other recruits will want to come.

Add me to the looooooong list of NU fans who think the sooner he is gone the better...although I must also add that our defensive coaching is not all that is wrong with our defense...WE HAVE NO TALENT on defense except for Octavien and Dillard...I'm sorry but Bo Ruud and Cory McKeon just flat out suck and are at best a division II (or whatever they call those colleges now) players at best

But that also comes back to coaches who evaluate these players for so-called talent...which we have absolutely none on defense.

I wouldn't mind seeing Coz gone as long as it didn't hurt recruiting. Nobody here can say whether or not it would, so as I said before, it's a big risk to take from our position. Beyond that, what do you want me to say? I'm not a DC, I'm not qualified to tell anyone how to fix this defense. I'm simply pointing out we may not have a better solution than Coz until the end of the season.

I think its a gamble we have to take. and as far recruiting, you think the beat down we are taking is going to help recruiting?

:yeah

GBR!!!

I'm still waiting for someone to suggest a suitable replacement in the middle of the season. There isn't any aspect of the defense that looks good, so who can you promote to the new DC?

Tech promoted from within. their situation sounded very similar to ours. the Iowa st team that got 400 yards and over 100 plays on us only had 170 against them when they started subbing in people LATE in the 4th. so there is certainly precedence for this type of a move.

And once again...who should we promote and why? Who has shown the least bit of promise on our defensive staff. Not to mention who has show the least bit of promise running the entire defense, let alone just their respective area?

This is pretty typical of this argument. "Fire him and bring in...anyone."

"Who?"

"I dunno, anyone."

I'm still waiting.

Heres a novel idea.........Let Callahan take over the defense and let the O.C take the Offense for the rest of the year.I mean really,how much more worse can it get?

Add me to the looooooong list of NU fans who think the sooner he is gone the better...although I must also add that our defensive coaching is not all that is wrong with our defense...WE HAVE NO TALENT on defense except for Octavien and Dillard...I'm sorry but Bo Ruud and Cory McKeon just flat out suck and are at best a division II (or whatever they call those colleges now) players at best

But that also comes back to coaches who evaluate these players for so-called talent...which we have absolutely none on defense.

thats the coaches fault too. just another reason to get rid of him. he's had 4 years to get talent in here

we gave up 41 points (or more) to mizzou, 2 times since cosgrove has been here

Well Coz isnt going to leave unless Calahan get a ultimatum at the end of the season. I really Don't blame the second half on the defense. When the offense had a shot to come out and put up a score they went three and out.

The terrible defense has masked how bad this offense has really been this year despite all the points.

How can the people who were pointing out how bad Missouri defense not see how bad NU offense is?

I doubt that Missouri will win the North meaning that well probably face better defenses and offense coming up. How many 30 point loses will it take before the people who have the power act? Not talking about fans because other then stop going to games there is no other recourse.

How about John Blake?

In-freaking-excusable.

I know Where Blake is. Hire him Back. Or maybe Hire Pelini Back. There's GOT to be a better DC somewhere out there.

If Wistrom can run a decent defense maybe we get Tom Rathman, Roger Craig and Irving Fryar for the Offense.

How about John Blake?

In-freaking-excusable.

I know Where Blake is. Hire him Back. Or maybe Hire Pelini Back. There's GOT to be a better DC somewhere out there.

If Wistrom can run a decent defense maybe we get Tom Rathman, Roger Craig and Irving Fryar for the Offense.

lets just stick to getting a legit coach. i'm not interested in having a family reunion