the first change that needs to happen

cally needs to give the keys of the offense to watson. im not saying that he's done a bad job, but he needs to be the head coach. it reminds me of the type of guys that spend all there free time screwing with their car, and neglect their wife and kids. yeah he might be good with cars and yes it might be what you love and what is fun, but you have got a responsibility. this team needs a leader. it does not look like a well coached team. penalties, lack of fundamentals, lack of motivation....ect. he needs to stop focusing on the O and focus on the team as a whole.

What the hell kind of defense was that. I could've played QB for Missouri tonight and threw for 400 yards. I don't know what to think. When Cosgrove is putting together a game plan and Callahan has meetings with him what the hell are they thinking? How many times did they get over 10 yards on a play? Lets do something. We sit back and just freakin take it all night long. If I was a defensive player and had about 1 day or two practicing that scheme I would about throw up. All the teams that are going to play us are licking their chops wondering what magnificent game plan we will draw up for them. Maybe next time we can rush 2 players and give up 15 yards per play. Is Cosgrove wanting to be fired? Is any body watching or listening to the fans?

I will support the Huskers forever but this is getting absurd. If I did my job even close to as bad as Cosgrove and the defensive staff I would be out the door the next day. We can better for a lot less money who would be willing to give some fire and effort to the cause. I am amazed at this situation. 41 to freakin 6.

Accountability.

One last reply before my head explodes. With all the practice time from spring ball to fall to weekly and whatever else, why can't we come up with a better defensive package? I mean that must be over 2 to 3 hundred hours of on field practice. This is absolutely amazing to me. Does Cosgrove think are players are idiots and can't understand more than those basic defenses? They are in college for crying out loud! Let them learn! Blitz from different angles, show some aggresiveness, play some man on man and become men. They didn't come here to have teams run up and down the field on them and humiliate them. I am tired of this and I am sure the players are even thought they can't publicly admit it. One day of practice (30 minutes) and if I was a player I could tell that that defensive scheme was going to suck big time.

I am sorry I am ranting like a little high school kid. I just love my Huskers too much to seem them put into this situation (over priced defensive coaches and a head coach who seems not to see what is transpiring during the game). I am done...

What is watson going to do? What makes him different from callahan?

The players are not BAD.....the team need and attitude adjustment and a swift kick in the A$$ Time to play w/ fire.

I would like to see some of the younger guys in the game....we'll take some more lumps, but some good will inevitable come from it.