Recruiting, are we still doing it?

N Zone

We had a top notch recruiting weekend last week and got no commits out of it. Delbert Ferguson would have commited, but our coaches told him not to until we have a head coach. We will have no official visitors this weekend. There are only 5 recruiting weekends left until signing day and there is a dead period somewhere wedged in that time span.

Here's the deal. If we don't make Pelini the head coach or hit a real homerun with another head coach this entire recruiting year will probably be washed down the crapper. There is nothing we can do to counter the negative recruiting the other school's will do if we don't have a confirmed leader. The NFL season is 2 weeks from ending, and there is no real news from the athletic dept. If anyone tells you they know what is going to happen before it happens and it isn't Harvey Perlmen, Pelini (who says he hasn't been interviewed), or Steve Pederson, then you should call them a liar.

I believe that Pederson is going to do whatever it takes to get the program back to the elite of the elite. He did not say that would start in 2004 or even 2005. However, I think he is doing what he see's as the best possible way to stabilize the program as one of the elite for year's to come and that may include making this recruiting year a bust.

Now I hope we name a new HC ASAP, but I don't see it any time soon. The only way it will work, is if it is a really great NFL "name", or if is another top notch college coach that will be able to bring some recruits with him. If that is the case we may lose Pelini, and some of "his" recruits.

Merry Christmas to all

especially the board administrator.

He's a pretty good guy, as long as you don't mind those goofy beards

Actually I think this board might be a goo forum to come up with a name for it.

All right everyone has seen those really thin beard things guys wear around the jaw line. Let's come up with a name for that facial growth for our beloved leader of huskerboard.com

My suggestion-thin taco tickler

Now on to the important stuff. My thoughts on SP's recruiting strategery, and it's an interesting strategy at that, and I must say a pretty wise one.

No need to attempt to bamboozle recruits - telling them to wait until we have a HC is the right move, and an attempt to regain some of that Ntegrity we have been so renowned for. Many schools wouldve just said "sure sign with us, we'll take care of the coaching situation, dont worry about it." But SP is saying, Im confident enough to risk losing you, b/c I know you'll be so convinced w/out a doubt once you see the stud I landed. This is a great sign of confidence, and I think the recruits got the message. It really feels as if SP is going to drop the shocker on us when we least expect it, and all we'll be able to do is grin like a sophomore the morning after her first prom. :D Here's to Steve The Shocker Pederson gettin er dun!!! :P

Blackshirt

:ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...