My Thoughts

Win the North?!?!?

The way we are playing right now. We couldn't win the MAC let along the North. Central Mich probably would be favored to beat us.

We are seeing the same problems over and over again since changing of the guard back in 04.

Lets see. We have pass pro is questionable. Run blocking non existant at the worst possible moments, most noticeable in short yardage situations. Runners run into own players. Receivers run funky routes and drop balls. No pass rush. Some of the ugliest tackling techniques ever seen by players wearing Husker uniforms. Defenders out of position. Questionable play calling. Defenders that tackle each other and blockers that tackle thier own runners (admit it, you've seen that too this season). And most of all, game plans and schemes that just don't work. On the last issue, add in adjustments that either don't happen or fail to produce results in our favor. Now think about it. Aren't these the same problems we have been screaming about since the Pedersen 2004 changing of the Nebraska guard?

Now they can say "we just need to go back and fix some things" but sheesh they have been fixing the same things now for 3 1/2 seasons.

Time to Cowboy up Huskerteers. Quit being so dang Charmin squeezable soft and play sock you in the mouth vintage NU football or they will get booed again and complaining about the press, fans and "not having fun" again.

Cally needs to invite a defensive great from each group in the past (Broderick thomas for lb, Peter brothers/wistrom for dline, minter, mike brown for CB/safety, etc) and they need to be in the locker room after the next practice and the conversation would go like this..

Gentleman.. we are Nebraska Football defensive greats.. we are the blackshirts that you inspire to wear.. We have set a standard of excellence that you have yet to maintain.. You at this TIME do not deserve to wear the blackshirts.. Only one of you (Bowman) has exhibited the pride it takes to wear this shirt. He showed his passion for what it stands for by turning in his shirt and nobody followed his lead.. It is not a GIVEN that just because u start on defense you get to wear our shirt.. You must EARN the respect to wear this shirt. At that point i would state that the coaches have stripped you of your blackshirts and we as representatives of Nebraska Defense are here to make sure you understand what it will take to earn them back.

Yes men, you CAN earn these back but here is what you MUST do.. 1. Practice hard...2. Hit the weight room with a vengence.. 3. Everyone TACKLE the ballcarrier wherever he is.. i want to see a minimum of 5 to 6 people in on each tackle near the line. 4. The most important of all.. PLAY AS A TEAM...the man next to you is your BROTHER.. you might not LIKE him, but you respect him for the effort he is putting out as he will respect you. 5. I want intensity.. i want to see the passion for the game, the passion for what this shirt stands for...the passion for yourself..

You do these things and we will personally give you back your shirts and say we are HONORED to have you as our brother.. You do NOT have to win to earn our respect.. but you MUST PLAY AS HARD AND AS INTENSE AS YOU CAN ON EACH PLAY.

My rant is now over... i know what i say might not be popular but i say it with love and passion and with wanting the best for the program...

Husker in alabama..

j

I love this idea

Here are my personal thoughts on Saturday and where we should go from here.

1. This was the most excruciatingly painful loss since 2001 Colorado

In fact, it overtook the '01 CU game in my book. Not only was the defense obliterated, the offense did jack. I can't believe how poor we looked and it pains me do see the team struggle.

2. The only coaching changes that should be made are assistants.

Do you really think bringing in ANOTHER coach would be the smartest thing right now? For one, what if they bring in a new offense? We start the process over again. Another thing, maybe all these great recruits, in example Gabbert, want Callahan here and don't want a new coach. Well, then they go to another school. Cosgrove NEEDS to be fired. Pederson, meh. I don't like him but I don't hate him. Osborne as AD doesn't work for me because I don't think that he wants the job and plus I think there would be too many scuffles between old and new.

3. I feel for the guys who are out there trying

Courtney Grixby, I apologize. After all the smack you've taken, you stepped up and now you don't have any teammates who want to step up with you. Maurice Purify, you just keep coming back. Even after your girlfriend passes away, you fight on. Good job.

4. We can win out

The Big XII north is so crazy this year, we can come back and overcome this. I truly believe we can win out the rest of our Big XII south schedule. I don't believe KSU can beat us in Lincoln but Lawrence and Boulder will be tough.

5. We can still win the North

See above reasons. The Big XII this year is crazy and anything can happen. Don't be surprised that if by season's end, we're right back in this.

6. Boycotting games? You gotta be kidding me!

Take a look at our fight song: "We'll all stick together in all kinds of weather for Dear, Old Nebraska U!"

Do you really think ditching the sellout streak would be a good decision right now? Let's keep one thing attached to this program! If you do feel this way, give your tickets to someone who wants them. They'll gladly take your place. I'll continue to wear red. I'll continue to attend games. I'll continue to support the players and the coaches and I'll continue to be a Cornhusker. I'm not ditching my team.

:bonez

I believe being optomistic is always a good thing when there is some truth to what is believed, but this team and its coaching leadership is down right horrible.

It has to start with the man at the top and right now, he is in the same company as the rest IMO. We had to many games over his tenure where the offense has done nothing and the defenses we played against were not that great, they were just fired up against us.

The rest of the season is gone, we will lose three more games at least before this horrific dream is over. I would like to be optomistic about what remains, but realistically there isn't much hope when the players are feeling the same thing we the true fans are feeling too.

I would never boycott anything to do with Big Red Football, I'm a fan for life, and I just cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel with this group of coaches. If we are to start something new it has to be from the top down and not just the assistants.