Rampant Speculation/Predictions Completely Unfounded in Fact

papersun87

Okay, so, let's have a chat about JANUARY.

Who's going to play in the national championship game? How are they going to get there? Will we see two teams with a loss in the championship? If so, which two? Why do they deserve it more than the other one-loss teams? Are there any upsets to watch out for in the coming weeks for any of the current top 6?

I was thinking today about who was going to play in the national championship game, and how in all seriousness we could see a Boston College/South Florida national championship . . . and how weird that would be.

In all actuality, I think LSU and Cal will wind up running the table and LSU will win the national championship. But LSU should watch its back this Saturday against Kentucky and then next week at home against Auburn. Cal doesn't look to have any REALLY dangerous games on its schedule. USC will be a threat, obviously, and Arizona State may challenge them, but I think LSU and Cal will finish undefeated.

South Florida, curiously, could also finish undefeated. They've got games against two undefeated teams still on their schedule, but they're against Connecticut and Cincinnati. There's also the Rutgers game this Saturday, but they'll stomp Louisville.

. . . thoughts?

Definately agree about LSU. They should be able to run the table with their schedule remaining:

Auburn

Alabama

Louisiana Tech

Ole Miss

Arkansas

Not a single team on there that should be a challenge to them.

Cal, I'm not so sure of. They can look downright unbeatable in some games, and then turn around and lose one they shouldn't.

My "darkhorse" is Ohio State. Again, they have a very favorable schedule:

Kent State

Michigan State

Penn State

Wisconsin

Illinois

Michigan

Definately agree about LSU. They should be able to run the table with their schedule remaining:

Auburn

Alabama

Louisiana Tech

Ole Miss

Arkansas

Not a single team on there that should be a challenge to them.

Cal, I'm not so sure of. They can look downright unbeatable in some games, and then turn around and lose one they shouldn't.

My "darkhorse" is Ohio State. Again, they have a very favorable schedule:

Kent State

Michigan State

Penn State

Wisconsin

Illinois

Michigan

I think that all four of these teams have a shot beating OSU. I think that either Illinois or Michigan will win the big 11 so I wouldnt count on OSU for a title bid. I think Oklahoma has the inside track for the title game as they are set to coast through the rest of their schedule after this week. Cal can, and probably will lose to USC or ASU, if not both of them. In other words, I think the PAC-10 and Big 11 will weed each other out, leaving an LSU-OU title game.

Edit: I dont include USF and BC as title contenders as they won't have the computer votes to get in the game.

*bump*

Well things have certainly gotten interesting today . . . LSU and Cal both went down.

I suppose that'll make the top five like this:

1. Ohio State??

2. Boston College??

3. South Florida??

4. Oklahoma??

5. South Carolina/Oregon/LSU maybe?

Wow, what a strange game this is.

If the top three teams lose, then I think LSU will be in the best position to battle back into the top 2 slots, considering their loss was to a ranked team and on the road. Cal might be toast, especially considering THEIR loss was to an unranked team at home and they seriously look like they might lose again in the next few weeks. But I suppose we'll have to wait and see.

I think if I had a vote, I'd put South Florida at number one and BC at 2 . . . followed by Oklahoma at three and Ohio State at four. Three years ago I didn't even know there WAS a university called South Florida.

Boston College vs. Oklahoma in the NC

Ohio State will probably choke against Illinois or Michigan (I hope)

I really wanted to see USF vs Kentucky in the NC hahaha

but USF lost so that wont happen.

I think OU will run through the rest of their opponents and so will BC.

Wouldnt it be ironic for Notre Dame to beat USC? its funny how USC was so hyped up at the beginning, then they lose by 1 point to STANFORD

what a season... maybe KU will make it to the NC (yea right)