Navy -- Option?

After watching Navy, I have to say that I TRULY miss the option game. I haven't seen the triple option run, well since Nebraska, until tonight.

I know that Pitt. isn't a great team...but man, it was nice to see a team with lesser talent (Navy) rule the game clock and ultimately, the game.

I'm sorry fellas, but I wish this Navy game wasn't televised. That was the last thing I needed to see. This game was reminiscent of the days of old.

I still think the option is capable of kicking some A$$. Sorry, fellas...but I miss that sh%t.

I haven't seen that sort of true ground domination, for man, YEARS. I miss it.

*Rhetorical statements are my forte.

dedhoarse

Well, I expected that. I think you see my point, though. The option can still score points. Navy has also never been the best recruiting school, historically.

I just miss the option.

They don't recruit well during a pointless war? I have nothing against the option. I love the option. Nebraska will never see it on a regular basis ever again. Time to move on...

...to what, I'm not quite sure. :dunno

After watching Navy, I have to say that I TRULY miss the option game. I haven't seen the triple option run, well since Nebraska, until tonight.

I know that Pitt. isn't a great team...but man, it was nice to see a team with lesser talent (Navy) rule the game clock and ultimately, the game.

I'm sorry fellas, but I wish this Navy game wasn't televised. That was the last thing I needed to see. This game was reminiscent of the days of old.

I still think the option is capable of kicking some A$$. Sorry, fellas...but I miss that sh%t.

dedhoarse

I thought the same thing. When ran correctly , it is a beautiful thing.

I had Eric Crouch flashbacks . That could have been the beer I guess... :)

Well, I expected that. I think you see my point, though. The option can still score points. Navy has also never been the best recruiting school, historically.

I just miss the option.

They don't recruit well during a pointless war? I have nothing against the option. I love the option. Nebraska will never see it on a regular basis ever again. Time to move on...

Pointless war. Wow. You're reaching, man. I don't even need to tell you how AGAINST the war I am...certainly , not in this forum.

You're right, man. I guess why question the actions perpetrated upon us? Accept the offense, as it is, because that is the offense of Nebraska?

Just look at Navy's statistics...http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=2426

Relatively, they blow us out of the water...due to D and the running game.

*Note Navy's time of possession vs. Nebraska's. Average.

dedhoarse

Don't you ever....EVER.... talk about beer that way.

dedhoarse

Don't you ever....EVER.... talk about beer that way.

My bad.. :)

I just miss the option.

Pointless war. Wow. You're reaching, man. I don't even need to tell you how AGAINST the war I am...certainly , not in this forum.

You're right, man. I guess why question the actions perpetrated upon us? Accept the offense, as it is, because that is the offense of Nebraska?

Just look at Navy's statistics...http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=2426

Note Navy's lack of schedule...C'mon, they lost to BALL STATE! WTF!!!

I'm going to stop posting now. :hmmph

I was thinking the exact same thing watching the game, Option was working very well for them and yes it was eating clock and controlling game. I also took Navy for the win and points over for 2nd Half, nice day betting wise. Thinking about taking points for OSU this weekend, but just like Vegas I'm not sure what side to be on when it comes to the point spread. Ball St would have been and easy one at +35 or whatever it was.

dedhoarse

I don't remember Eric Crouch pitching the ball that much.

I just miss the option.

Well, if i had to go into any armed forces right now, it would be the Navy. And the Naval Academe... well... they're not going to be front line at all. Don't the military academes have weight limits? Or is that not an issue anymore?