Huskerboard Chatroom Test

dave

Dave. I have been wondering who you are since I joined.

See you and a Chris are admins and Im sure that there is a story behind this..

Just curious.

OKC

Chris and I own Virtual Impressions, the company that runs the shared servers that Huskerboard used to be hosted on. Huskerboard and some other sites the founders of Huskerboard now have their own dedicated server. (As of quite some time ago ... maybe 18-24 months?)

We still help do some of the server maintenance for Huskerboard and were called in recently to look at what's going on with the server crashing from time to time, particularly during games when posting is at a high.

I suggested to one of the Huskerboard founders the idea of a chatroom to alleviate some of the pressure during the games. He agreed it would be a good idea and wanted to see a demo, hence the reason for the post.

We'll probably be working on this all in a way to incorporate the chat and the forums in the best possible fashion.

I'm just the guy behind the scenes that helps keep the server cranking. I happen to bleed Husker red blood, and will cheer for our Huskers even if they go 0-11. I can't stand watching/listening to these games where we're getting dismantled.

Hope that helps answer your question. :)