So amidst the chaos.....Poor Keller

I feel sorry for the kid. He had no idea what kinda mess he was getting himself into when he came two years ago. To be honest with you, I didn't either. This complete collapse has been shockingly unexplainable from a literal standpoint.

But Keller must feel horrible. This is his only season to show what he's got and he probably thought he'd be able to do that, but then this happens. He's probably got the physical tools to make it in the nfl next year, I just wish his only year here at Nebraska was a good one. I'm sure he does too.

Gotta be honest...he's played OK but nowhere near NFL quality. I do like the kid but I'm starting to think his hype is way better than he really is. Has a very ugly release (which NFL coaches are going to hate) and really hasn't shown much in his college career.

If he wants to have a chance in the NFL, he HAS to have a remarkable 2nd half of the season...

Gotta be honest...he's played OK but nowhere near NFL quality. I do like the kid but I'm starting to think his hype is way better than he really is. Has a very ugly release (which NFL coaches are going to hate) and really hasn't shown much in his college career.

If he wants to have a chance in the NFL, he HAS to have a remarkable 2nd half of the season...

I am thinking scouts will give him more of a look based on combine or private workouts...they may look passed this season given what a disaster it is.

IMHO...you can't really blame him for the offensive struggles of late. Listen to him talk and it's obvious he has taken this team on his shoulders and is doing his damnedest to carry them to wins. I believe the leadership he is showing in the midst of this turmoil will ultimately help him in his NFL career.

Besides...he can't catch his own passes...

I actually feel terrible for all of the players. None of them expected this when they came to Nebraska, unlike some coaches...

“There’ve been a lot of ups, there’ve been a lot of downs. In this profession, unfortunately that’s the way it is, no matter what program you’re at in the country.” Posted on: Cosgrove: 'Everybody's hurting right now'

BY BRIAN ROSENTHAL / Lincoln Journal Star

Saturday, Oct 13, 2007 - 05:05:42 pm CDT

These players came not only to play football but to develop into future leaders - something that has not happened. They don't even know how to step up right now because nobody will let them. It is kind of like the boss who micromanages the project team he has put together - you don't step up because you can't.

That being said, I do feel the most for Keller - he is trying, trying so very hard to step up. Hell, I've been so much more impressed by his post games interviews than any of the coaches. The passion he shows. The responsibility that he takes when it is not his to bare. Mark my words, he may not be drafted high, but he will be a good pro, yes he will. He has that intangible leadership. Now if the micromanagers who just get the hell out of the way.

IMHO...you can't really blame him for the offensive struggles of late. Listen to him talk and it's obvious he has taken this team on his shoulders and is doing his damnedest to carry them to wins. I believe the leadership he is showing in the midst of this turmoil will ultimately help him in his NFL career.

Besides...he can't catch his own passes...

People are taking this "ugly release" thing too seriously...who cares how it looks when he releases it. Maybe you're right about the release being something NFL guys won't like, but don't NFL scouts usually look for a tight and quick release???

Don't get me wrong, I like the kid but so far (see his ENTIRE college career), he hasn't shown that NFL talent. He may have more athletic talent than Zac Taylor did but Zac had a football IQ that Sam hasn't shown. Zac couldn't make a team (although he did try out for the Bucs in a mini camp). Who would you rather have as an NFL QB, an athlete with an average football IQ or a player with a great football IQ that has decent athletic ability???? We've seen MANY examples of this in the NFL. I wish nothing but the best for Keller as he seems like a nice kid but so far, he just hasn't shown the ability.

Don't get me wrong, I like the kid but so far (see his ENTIRE college career), he hasn't shown that NFL talent. He may have more athletic talent than Zac Taylor did but Zac had a football IQ that Sam hasn't shown. Zac couldn't make a team (although he did try out for the Bucs in a mini camp). Who would you rather have as an NFL QB, an athlete with an average football IQ or a player with a great football IQ that has decent athletic ability???? We've seen MANY examples of this in the NFL. I wish nothing but the best for Keller as he seems like a nice kid but so far, he just hasn't shown the ability.

He does have class though and THAT is something of a rare commodity these days!

I think as long as the fans, stand up for the kids playing, no matter how they do, they will try harder, just because they don't want to let the fans down. They know now that things are going to change, whether bc leaves or not. But the fans have to support the boys, and next year I believe most we stay out of loyalty.

But I'm a glass half full kind of person