FB Kalvin Bailey

HuskerBob

hey my buddy in Florida told me about this K Bailey kid. he's the #1 FB in the country right now. his team just beat H-Becks team in the state playoffs. he's good buddies with beck also and has NU as his favorite along with g tech. the thing is that we have appartnly told him we are recruting him as RB... hmmm. jus dont think so, espcially with Lucky comitting.

he's 5'11 and 245 and runs the four oh in 4.7. not overaly fast for a RB, but holy crap thatd be great at the FB spot!! :zoom i look for beck to be our best recruiter with this bad ass.

Could be a great pick-up, but he would most likely be a FB

Bailey said after the game that he wouldn't make a decision on college until after the season. He said, though, that Beck at quarterback and him at tailback would be "interesting."

"If everything works out, I'll be up there with Harrison," Bailey said.

Beck was impressed with Bailey.

"He's a big dude," Beck said. "I'm trying to get him to go to Nebraska. The big guy wore us out."

The rest of the article is here.

Player: Kalvin Bailey

Hometown: Seffner, FL

Position: FB/RB

Height: 5’11”

Weight: 245

40 time: 4.7

Visit Date: none

Scholarships offered: Over 10 including: Florida, Georgia Tech, Florida State, USC, Georgia, Miami (Fl), Nebraska

Favorites: Nebraska and Georgia Tech

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: #1/****

Insiders: #31/***

Assessing the talent: Just about impossible to bring down in high school. With his size, he would be the perfect fullback to run the ball, not just lead block. All of the major schools have offered including the Florida schools and USC. He wants to play HB in college.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 35% Huskers have a valid shot at this kid. Callahan did say at the beginning of the year he would not be recruiting any FB’s unless the kid was exceptional. This is one of those guys. He is a good friend of Harrison Beck, who is trying to get him to commit. If and when he visits this percentage will move. He seems to like the Huskers a great deal.

• 1 month later...