Shawn Watson was calling the plays

IDK if any of you listened to the game, but if you did, they talked about how Callahan gave the play calling job to Watson, so the coaching staff is atleast trying to find a solution and work things out, maybe we should start blaming the players who cant make the plays they are supposed to .

I'm sorry, but I really do not believe the players can be blamed at all. It's very apparent at this point that it's all on the coaches. <_<

If you listened to him at halftime, he said they have been sharing it all along, and this way he can focus more on the defense. Boy that helped! It's the coaches responsiblity to fire up the players, the tunnel walk speaks volumes about his intensity, it's not there. It's the coaches job to sit a player if they don't follow the plays. Hence Keller stayed in. I don't care if Ganz could have done better or not, if a player isn't performing to their best they take the bench, that's on the coaches, a player isn't going to bench himself.

Ya but then i read on huskerpedia that Matt Peralt reported on 590 that Callahan took back calling the plays. I dont know if this is actually true but if it is its kind of funny to see what does happen to the offense when Callahan has controll. (0 points in 2nd half)

He did take it over after half, they talk about it on the postgame.

I totally agree hskrmama and when callahan was saying the battle between keller and ganz was so close and ganz hasnt been on the field once not once this year even in the Nevade game.

That's not true, Ganz has been in for a play here and there. I can't remember when, it was a while back, and it was this season.

IDK if any of you listened to the game, but if you did, they talked about how Callahan gave the play calling job to Watson, so the coaching staff is atleast trying to find a solution and work things out, maybe we should start blaming the players who cant make the plays they are supposed to .

Supposedly Callahan relinquished that power.

This is just a rumor, but supposedly Callahan was calling the plays post-halftime -- 0 points scored post-halftime.

All I can say is this: Our coaches are to blame. I'm sorry, but our players are to blame as well.

There is ABSOLUTELY no viable excuse for what we (Nebraska fans) and others around the football world have witnessed from Nebraska football. Period.

The defending of our player's poor play needs to stop. They're big boys. This isn't like criticizing a pee-wee football team's players. Most of them have their college paid for (not I, I'm paying ~$300 a month in student loans from UNL). I still had PLENTY of time to waste, or in the Nebraska Football team's players case...practice and get better. They are here to play football...plain and simple.

Either way, even the most objective observer can see that there is a problem with both our coaching and players. Whether our player's performances can be attributed to coaching...we may never know.

The one thing I do know: The recent performance of Nebraska football is unacceptable.

I think it is time for me to stop living vicariously through Nebraska football. But after all, regardless of the Webster's definition of a fan, isn't that exactly what a "fan" is?

What to do...what to do?